wmo168

First Name
Mr M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Geo Metro
Country flag
Check the door harness if it has all the wire prewire, if so it should be plug and play, if not wires will need to be run. and the signal stack will need to replace.
Sponsored

fgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
Hello,

I would like to know if their is a possibility to buy the parts required for the lane watch option and install it on a civic type r ? Do you think that the car would need a reprogramming of the main chip if so or not ?

Thank you for your time and help.
I think it is a possibility, yes. If you go to Honda tech and check out the wiring diagrams, it seems the camera is activated by a single harness which comes out of the radio pin out.

Here are some instructions on how to swap the radio itself, incl the link to Honda tech. http://www.civicx.com/threads/diy-retrofit-hondalink-to-lx-sport.15805/

I think all there is no coding required, as all components are mapped in the radio head unit itself.

wmo168

First Name
Mr M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Geo Metro
Country flag
The question is if the radio harness are prewire or the wire is missing from radio to the mirror to the signal control I hope all existing wire are there...

kotarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda FC2 - FFV
Country flag
Check the door harness if it has all the wire prewire, if so it should be plug and play, if not wires will need to be run. and the signal stack will need to replace.
Probably you'll have to run the wires.
Sometimes honda uses the same harness on the door, but internally from the door to the radio are different.

I did the power folding mirrors on my GK and my Old GE and I always had to run wires.

I'll do some research and later I'll post here if I find news.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
THere is no prewire. It’s no time as bad as my EG was...

HayaiKuruma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatchback EX
Country flag
Why do you need lane watch with a TR? The only lane you be in is the passing lane with everyone eating your dust!

PilotZero

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Sedan (totaled) 2017 Type R (#322)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Apparently New Zealand gets LaneWatch.

jalmario15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer,Honda Civic 2007
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Saw this video in one of the sellers in Philippines and they installed honda lane watch which is not present on our models

kotarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda FC2 - FFV
Country flag
I Tried to contact Kingz Accezz and they don't ship internationally.
I really would like to have at least the harness.

tqi123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX
Country flag
I retrofitted this on my Canadian LX successfully. No programming needed. Plug and Play once you get the wiring part correct.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
I Tried to contact Kingz Accezz and they don't ship internationally.
I really would like to have at least the harness.
You should be able to get all the Individual parts you need by getting the part numbers from the Honda Parts list for your car, and for one that has the Camera.

I very much doubt if the Dealer will install this, as it is not a Standard Accessory, but if you purchase Online, you should get the parts for a discount price (as opposed to getting the parts from the dealer, who is not going to install it for you in any case).

-----------

I plan to fit a Forward Parking camera to our SI. I plan to get the same camera as the rear camera, then it should work correctly with the Head Unit (Might be flipped left-right but that's OK), and all I will need to do is to insert a relay to switch between the Reverse and Forward camera, with Preference being given to the Reverse camera when the car is put into reverse.

I did this a few month ago for my 87 Maxima, and it worked out very well.

Reverse Camera always works and runs when car is in Reverse.
Then I have a 3 way toggle switch fitted, that is either (Center) NORMAL, (Backwards) Reverse Camera on all the time, or (Forwards) Forward Camera ON all the time (Unless brake is on, in which case, it switches to the Reverse camera automatically) -- all done with Diode and a relay, using the same ONE camera input to the Head Unit (like the Honda Head unit has.. just one Camera Input)

I believe there may be some recent law in the USA about newer cars having to have Reverse cameras. If I don't override the Honda's Reverse Functionality function of the Reverse camera, when the car is in reverse, I then cannot see why I cannot do this modification, and still be LEGAL ...
Sponsored