Request : Installing Lane Watch on Type R

P4L4D1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CLA 45, Honda Civic Type R 2017 (soon)
Country flag
Hello,

I would like to know if their is a possibility to buy the parts required for the lane watch option and install it on a civic type r ? Do you think that the car would need a reprogramming of the main chip if so or not ?

Thank you for your time and help.
Sponsored

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
Hello,

I would like to know if their is a possibility to buy the parts required for the lane watch option and install it on a civic type r ? Do you think that the car would need a reprogramming of the main chip if so or not ?

Thank you for your time and help.
I wish I had the blind spot monitoring on my LX but they had to save something for the EX.

OP
OP

P4L4D1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I hope to see spare parts in the future because technically, it should not be a big deal if you are quite bold to deal with câbles and other small thing when mounting electronics in the car.
I remember a friend who installed nicely a parking camera on his class b so...
But for political and economical reasons, cars brands wants you to not mess with cars and it's annoying deadly !

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
I hope to see spare parts in the future because technically, it should not be a big deal if you are quite bold to deal with câbles and other small thing when mounting electronics in the car.
I remember a friend who installed nicely a parking camera on his class b so...
But for political and economical reasons, cars brands wants you to not mess with cars and it's annoying deadly !
I wonder how much for Blind spot monitoring on a LX... looks like it has the hole on the right-side mirror to mount the camera so can it be done and how much. meh probably cost prohibited. Anyone feel like there is a blind spot that the camera would fix or would you still look manually?

OP
OP

P4L4D1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I wonder how much for Blind spot monitoring on a LX... looks like it has the hole on the right-side mirror to mount the camera so can it be done and how much. meh probably cost prohibited. Anyone feel like there is a blind spot that the camera would fix or would you still look manually?
If by any chance it can be done by Honda, they will charge it very very much ! I wanted to add colored ambient lights on my CLA and they wanted like 900€ - 1100€... But, if they can add open roof or lane watch for a few bucks, it might be worth it

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Blind spot monitors don't use cameras, but they use radar sensors. Usually they're mounted in the rear quarter panel.

You can get aftermarket systems, some work better than others, and some look better than others.

Unless you're talking about the Honda Lanewatch. FWIW, lanewatch gets rid of any blindspot, completely. No need to look.

rfaria

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X
Country flag
So... i was doing some research in google and found other posts with people trying to do the same thing. So far it looks like there are some lucky guys! Sorry but I didnt save the links, but I remember the name of the guy who supposedly did it: Uncle Luc. :)
So far, what I know:
1 - headlight Switch
2 - Mirrors (Complete)
3 - Wire
4 - Configuration (hidden Menu)

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
Blind spot monitors don't use cameras, but they use radar sensors. Usually they're mounted in the rear quarter panel.

You can get aftermarket systems, some work better than others, and some look better than others.

Unless you're talking about the Honda Lanewatch. FWIW, lanewatch gets rid of any blindspot, completely. No need to look.
I was confusing Lane Watch with Blind Spot. I got Honda Sensing so I got Lane Watch right? Having too much fun with automatic braking.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Any progress on this?

rfaria

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X
Country flag
Other day I had a chance to talk with supervisor/ mechanic chief in my Honda dealership here in Brazil. He doesnt have any idea how to do it ... I asked him if it would be necessary a new harness to plug the new mirror and he never had the chance do see if there is a diference between the models ... so until now, I dont know.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Other day I had a chance to talk with supervisor/ mechanic chief in my Honda dealership here in Brazil. He doesnt have any idea how to do it ... I asked him if it would be necessary a new harness to plug the new mirror and he never had the chance do see if there is a diference between the models ... so until now, I dont know.
On a totally different topic - are your cars set up to run 100% Ethanol down there? Would you be willing and able to send up some in tank fuel sending units (if necessary?)!!

rfaria

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X
Country flag
Here in Brazil, most of the offers we have works with Ethanol (Ford, Chevrolet, Fiat ...). This happens beacuse there is 25% Ethanol in our gasoline, defined by law. Honestly, there were better days for Ethanol. Today is too expensive to produce and it makes less por km/L and ... When you see the big picture, you realize this is just a problem, not a option. In old days, the ideia to use Ethanol was a green dream for enviromental and all the blablabla stuff.

Abou send tank fuel, I didnt get.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Here in Brazil, most of the offers we have works with Ethanol (Ford, Chevrolet, Fiat ...). This happens beacuse there is 25% Ethanol in our gasoline, defined by law. Honestly, there were better days for Ethanol. Today is too expensive to produce and it makes less por km/L and ... When you see the big picture, you realize this is just a problem, not a option. In old days, the ideia to use Ethanol was a green dream for enviromental and all the blablabla stuff.

Abou send tank fuel, I didnt get.

Here, we use Ethanol (E-85) instead of race gas but it does damage to the fuel level sensor.
Honda Civic 10th gen Request : Installing Lane Watch on Type R upload_2017-8-23_11-44-7

In Brazil, you use a different part (at least on the 8th generation Civic) so that the car can run 100% Ethanol and not have damage to the fuel level sensor. I'm wondering if you have a different part in Brazil for the Civic Type R Fuel sending unit.

something like this-

https://www.hondaautomotiveparts.co...3=5DR+SPORT&catcgry4=KA6MT&catcgry5=FUEL+TANK

rfaria

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X
Country flag
Since we have the 2.0 and 1.5 turbo here, I think it is the same part. Do you have the code behind this part, the one that is in your car? I can see if the mecanic can confirm that the part is the same or not.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Since we have the 2.0 and 1.5 turbo here, I think it is the same part. Do you have the code behind this part, the one that is in your car? I can see if the mecanic can confirm that the part is the same or not.
I'm pretty sure it's this-
  • Meter Set

Part Number: 17047-TBA-A00
Let me know!
Sponsored