First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Touring
Country flag
Greetings from the UK!

I've managed to get my 2016 Civic Touring over here and I am in the process of making it a bit more legal but for the life of me I cannot find an adjustment screw to dip the passenger side headlight. Does anyone here know how to adjust it?
Sponsored

OP
OP
ITGuyLevi

ITGuyLevi

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Touring
Country flag
I've noticed 214 views but no comments so maybe there is some interest in it. I found the bolt to adjust them, I'll upload a pic of it if I get a chance.

unr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L15B7
Country flag
I've noticed 214 views but no comments so maybe there is some interest in it. I found the bolt to adjust them, I'll upload a pic of it if I get a chance.
There's a bout? How did it go after you adjusted it

OP
OP
ITGuyLevi

ITGuyLevi

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Touring
Country flag
It passed beautifully with just the addition of rear fog lights and slightly dipping both lights. I'll try my best to remember to put a pic of the bolt on here once I get home.

OP
OP
ITGuyLevi

ITGuyLevi

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Touring
Country flag
I took the pictures when I got home, and then promptly forgot to upload them, sorry about that.

Honda Civic 10th gen Request - How to adjust LED headlight DSC_0204.JPG

Here is the one on the passenger side ^.

Honda Civic 10th gen Request - How to adjust LED headlight DSC_0205.JPG

And the drivers side ^.

I searched for them unsuccessfully several times, which really makes no sense because they are not obstucted by anything!

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
I did the exact same thing - took photos just to upload here, and promptly forgot I took them.

This is so much easier than my old Accord, where you had to use a philips screwdriver 2 feet long to adjust the headlight aiming.

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura MDX Tech, 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I took the pictures when I got home, and then promptly forgot to upload them, sorry about that.

DSC_0204.JPG

Here is the one on the passenger side ^.

DSC_0205.JPG

And the drivers side ^.

I searched for them unsuccessfully several times, which really makes no sense because they are not obstucted by anything!
Adjusting the bolt adjusts the height of the low beams?

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Adjusting the bolt adjusts the height of the low beams?
Likely the entire reflector housing. It's usually a little ball joint under the entire inner housing that pushes it up. Keep in mind that adjusting them too far will pop the ball joint and your headlights will be fucked until you open them up.

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Likely the entire reflector housing. It's usually a little ball joint under the entire inner housing that pushes it up. Keep in mind that adjusting them too far will pop the ball joint and your headlights will be fucked until you open them up.
What do you mean by "open them up"

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Take your headlights off of car, put in an oven to loosen seal, pry open the lens from housing, unscrew inner reflector from outer rear housing, fix dislocated joint, reverse.

Did this once on my old car, was not fun 0/10 would not recommend. Unless you retrofit, then you have no choice.

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Take your headlights off of car, put in an oven to loosen seal, pry open the lens from housing, unscrew inner reflector from outer rear housing, fix dislocated joint, reverse.

Did this once on my old car, was not fun 0/10 would not recommend. Unless you retrofit, then you have no choice.
I would like to aim my headlights slightly higher but also don't want to because of the risk of having to open up the headlight if I go too far.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
I would like to aim my headlights slightly higher but also don't want to because of the risk of having to open up the headlight if I go too far.
If you use common sense, you'll be alright - and for all I know Honda may have changed their design after realizing it was terrible.

Park on a flat ground ~30 feet against a wall, and aim your lights accordingly. As is with all angles, a small increase in angle at the lights will result in a big increase over distance.

TheBigG

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2017, Kia Optima Sportswagon GT 2017
Country flag
In my CTR these bolts are white and made of plastic. 5-6 complete rotations will raise the light beem by aprox. 1-1,5 cm with the car 70-80 cm in front of a wall.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ITGuyLevi

ITGuyLevi

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Touring
Country flag
@ITGuyLevi - which screws do you turn? Wasn't able to tell from your photos.
Way late on the reply (I haven't gotten on here in a while) but it's the silver bolt in the middle with the large built in washer (probably a way better term for that).
Sponsored