Request: european headlight washers on north American cars?

coreyw2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Hey all! I'm in Canada here. I have a 2016 Ex-t sedan, which was an upgrade from a 05 neon I hit a deer with at Christmas. One pet peeve I have with this car is that the headlights seem to get foggy with road grime way more easily then my neon... Never washed my headlights in my life, and I'm finding I'm doing it before going on any trip at night now, just to be able to see far. I live in Saskatchewan, the "north Dakota" of Canada, so there's lots of dirt and grime and salt on the roads.

Attached are a couple pictures from a Facebook group of oem headlight washers on a hatch. I tried looking on a few Honda parts sites, and using what I thought were european trims and codes, but I couldn't find any part numbers or diagrams that include the washers, and eBay and amazon haven't been much help, most systems are for older cars.

What I do know is that some Europeans models have factory headlight washers, the only one I know for sure is the hatchback "sport+" model in Belgium has them. I'd love to be able to get the oem parts and install them on my car.

What do you guys think? Do you think it'd be possible to add them in? We'd probably need the nozzles, hoses, a tap into the current reservoir, the oem button for the dash, along with respective wiring and mounts for the bumper, and the cap. And do you think a north American dealer will be able to order parts from an international model? I'm new to this modding thing, so please, correct me if I'm wrong, or help me if I'm right :)

Thanks
Honda Civic 10th gen Request: european headlight washers on north American cars? FB_IMG_1494825136344
Honda Civic 10th gen Request: european headlight washers on north American cars? FB_IMG_1494825141755

ikbenben

Belgium spec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic 1.5T Sport Plus HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

ikbenben

Belgium spec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic 1.5T Sport Plus HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My dealer is the largest in the area. I don't think they will make time to search those things out.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I know that Canadian dealers don't have access to parts diagrams from overseas market. In fact, they don't even have access to some parts the US might have. For example, the washer fluid reservoir might be on the completely opposite side of the car due to us having a larger tank and I bet you if you ask for the US part, the parts guy who works behind the counter won't even know. Considering the wiring, and all the hoses that need to be rerouted around behind the firewall, etc. Probably would've been best to buy the any Acura Elite model with headlamp washers instead.

Like hell, I asked an Aussie member over PM about those plastic trunk hinge arm insulators and even though I have the part numbers, where the fuck am I supposed to buy it? They'll charge me $40 CAD each I bet and that's without factoring shipping from AUS to Canada. $100 for two pieces of plastic? No thanks. That's 3 tanks of gas pretty much.

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
I know that Canadian dealers don't have access to parts diagrams from overseas market. In fact, they don't even have access to some parts the US might have. For example, the washer fluid reservoir might be on the completely opposite side of the car due to us having a larger tank and I bet you if you ask for the US part, the parts guy who works behind the counter won't even know. Considering the wiring, and all the hoses that need to be rerouted around behind the firewall, etc. Probably would've been best to buy the any Acura Elite model with headlamp washers instead.

Like hell, I asked an Aussie member over PM about those plastic trunk hinge arm insulators and even though I have the part numbers, where the fuck am I supposed to buy it? They'll charge me $40 CAD each I bet and that's without factoring shipping from AUS to Canada. $100 for two pieces of plastic? No thanks. That's 3 tanks of gas pretty much.
If it is anything like BMW dealerships, you are not allowed to buy other market's part numbers from the parts department anymore. Long time ago, it was possible but then BMW ceased the ability to import non-US part numbers into the market. Not sure the reason, but it could be legality issues.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I know for certain that you cannot go to a US Honda dealer with an out-of-market part number and actually get anything.
Your best bet would be to locate a tuner shop in EU/UK and work with them. Check out TegiwaImports.com. I've been working with Johnny to get EDM tail lights, Power fold mirrors, and switch gear to make it all work.

Interesting - from the pic above, the headlight washer is a button on the dash. I believe in Australia, the button is to adjust the height/aim of the headlights. Can anyone confirm?

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Is there a stamping on the inside of the bumper to indicate where the cutout should be?

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
If it is anything like BMW dealerships, you are not allowed to buy other market's part numbers from the parts department anymore. Long time ago, it was possible but then BMW ceased the ability to import non-US part numbers into the market. Not sure the reason, but it could be legality issues.
Damn it!

That's how I got some euro rotors and radiator parts for my E36 a few years ago :(

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm still working on this...
Sponsored