Request: DIY Options to Install Subwoofer and Amp 2020 Si Sedan (have sub and amp from previous car)

cfusionpm

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2013 Scion FR-S
Country flag
Hello. It seems to be a bit overwhelming with options for subwoofer installs. I have seen many different things that don't quite match with my situation.

I had this sub and amp previously installed by a shop (Kenwood DDX470 in 2013 FR-S), but I want to see if I can do it myself this time, and to the factory Si radio head unit.

I do not have the wires from the old car, other than the wires to connect the sub to the amp. Based on my rudimentary knowledge and from taking it apart on the FR-S, I will need power to the amp, a "remote" wire to the amp, and RCA cables from the head unit to the amp. I have no idea what specific wiring I would need or if I need additional hardware (I saw lots of people split on this LC2i device that I'd never previously heard of).

I have also seen people run directly off the factory sub wires. Seems easier, but may or may not be enough power or as good of a signal.

I have a JL 10w3 and Alpine MRP M500, intended for a 2020 Si Sedan.

Halp?

Honda Civic 10th gen Request: DIY Options to Install Subwoofer and Amp 2020 Si Sedan (have sub and amp from previous car) GucOcL
Sponsored

TheLifeOfBrax

First Name
Braxton Brown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hello. It seems to be a bit overwhelming with options for subwoofer installs. I have seen many different things that don't quite match with my situation.

I had this sub and amp previously installed by a shop (Kenwood DDX470 in 2013 FR-S), but I want to see if I can do it myself this time, and to the factory Si radio head unit.

I do not have the wires from the old car, other than the wires to connect the sub to the amp. Based on my rudimentary knowledge and from taking it apart on the FR-S, I will need power to the amp, a "remote" wire to the amp, and RCA cables from the head unit to the amp. I have no idea what specific wiring I would need or if I need additional hardware (I saw lots of people split on this LC2i device that I'd never previously heard of).

I have also seen people run directly off the factory sub wires. Seems easier, but may or may not be enough power or as good of a signal.

Halp?

GucOcL.jpg

Halp?

GucOcL.jpg
I know this a late reply but I just installed my Alpine S Series sub and RF amp in my 18 Si coupe. To start, you won’t need to touch the head unit. I tapped my line out put to the stock sub wire. Only wires you’ll need to run is the remote wire to your fuse box and connect it to an ignition only fuse! I can post pics and help you through the process if you haven’t already done it.

Triple_peaz

Brother Taresa
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si sedan, 2016 Honda pilot
Country flag
There's a good write up on here about everything audio on here. I read that you get way better frequency range from tapping your loc into your front speakers (front door or center). Pretty sure that's what I read.

I have did my loc thru my factory sub before that writw up, I will be changing it when I have the time.

TheLifeOfBrax

First Name
Braxton Brown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
There's a good write up on here about everything audio on here. I read that you get way better frequency range from tapping your loc into your front speakers (front door or center). Pretty sure that's what I read.

I have did my loc thru my factory sub before that writw up, I will be changing it when I have the time.
Gotcha! Yeah I did mine through the stock sub and don’t notice any difference between tapping into the front speakers.

Triple_peaz

Brother Taresa
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I noticed a major difference from this same setup I had in my 8thgen si. The bass was killer, now not so much

Triple_peaz

Brother Taresa
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Let me know when you do it! I’m curious to see the difference.
I will, I get back from a cruise tomorrow, and I have about two more weeks before I go back to work. I have a long list of crap I need to do with my car
(re wire sub, dremel bass knob, hardwire interior leds, swap street maf with race maf for Cai, install flex fuel kit, oil change and tires and a complete car detail engine bay and all...) Goodluck to me

TheLifeOfBrax

First Name
Braxton Brown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I will, I get back from a cruise tomorrow, and I have about two more weeks before I go back to work. I have a long list of crap I need to do with my car
(re wire sub, dremel bass knob, hardwire interior leds, swap street maf with race maf for Cai, install flex fuel kit, oil change and tires and a complete car detail engine bay and all...) Goodluck to me
Yeah good luck with everything! Looks like you have your hands full