REQUEST: Clutch install on 1.5t

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
I honestly don't remember exactly what they said but I think it was just something about the chatter taking off and didn't recommend it for a DD... I know I drove a friends integra with a clutch that was way more aggressive than necessary and it was kind of a pain in the ..., I mostly just based my decision off Vit saying it was up to my plans. I don't plan on going CRAZY though so hopefully it will hold up... I did put a big bore and stroker kit in my pocket bike though so I've been know to waste money/go too far trying to go fast...
Sponsored

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have you guys heard anything about the fx300? I see good comments on it from YouTube videos, I'm looking for easy drive but also strong enough for bolt-ons + flex fuel + tune.

OP
OP
northwestghosts_cc

northwestghosts_cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Have you guys heard anything about the fx300? I see good comments on it from YouTube videos, I'm looking for easy drive but also strong enough for bolt-ons + flex fuel + tune.
Haven't heard anything on the fx300. But I installed the fx350 on mine, and so far have put 450 miles of just street driving on it. It's a fairly easy clutch to use, as long as you don't mind a little chatter in first gear at times. And it will definitely hold power

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haven't heard anything on the fx300. But I installed the fx350 on mine, and so far have put 450 miles of just street driving on it. It's a fairly easy clutch to use, as long as you don't mind a little chatter in first gear at times. And it will definitely hold power
Does it chatter because there isn't enough slip? I'm guessing it's going to chatter a lot in slow stop and go traffic.

OP
OP
northwestghosts_cc

northwestghosts_cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Does it chatter because there isn't enough slip? I'm guessing it's going to chatter a lot in slow stop and go traffic.
Yea, it'l chatter a bit in stop and go. This clutch has a very small sweet spot when it grabs, so it does tend to chatter in first. Doesn' bother me too much, until the person next to you thinks you can't drive stick:)

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yea, it'l chatter a bit in stop and go. This clutch has a very small sweet spot when it grabs, so it does tend to chatter in first. Doesn' bother me too much, until the person next to you thinks you can't drive stick:)
Hopefully that will go away once it's broken in more. Time will tell.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hopefully that will go away once it's broken in more. Time will tell.
Did you chatter ever go away lol. Mine is almost done breaking in and it chatters in first only.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you chatter ever go away lol. Mine is almost done breaking in and it chatters in first only.
Yes, it did I. I found proper pedal adjustment helps a lot as well.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
what's your pedal adjustment at lol?
I couldn’t give you an exact measurement but if it’s too high off the floor it’s more difficult to engage it smoothly.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I couldn’t give you an exact measurement but if it’s too high off the floor it’s more difficult to engage it smoothly.
Yeah mine kind of changes when the clutch gets a little warmer I believe.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
After installing the FX350 on my car I had to adjust the pedal engagement point since it seemed to move up to almost where the stock clutch was before almost at the top of the pedal... since the break in period is done now (500-800 miles ) I turned the CMC about 1/4 turn and it lowered the engagement point to mid way... :thumbsup:
love this clutch... zero chatter at all:D

methan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Sedan - MSM
Country flag
After installing the FX350 on my car I had to adjust the pedal engagement point since it seemed to move up to almost where the stock clutch was before almost at the top of the pedal... since the break in period is done now (500-800 miles ) I turned the CMC about 1/4 turn and it lowered the engagement point to mid way... :thumbsup:
love this clutch... zero chatter at all:D
Just had FX350 installed yesterday with stock clutch position (adjustment bolt in footwell area). It grabs about 2 inches from the floor and has a very short sweet spot. Have some chatter in 1st and reverse but hoping it goes away after break in. Would clutch adjustment help now? Or wait until break in is over?

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Just had FX350 installed yesterday with stock clutch position (adjustment bolt in footwell area). It grabs about 2 inches from the floor and has a very short sweet spot. Have some chatter in 1st and reverse but hoping it goes away after break in. Would clutch adjustment help now? Or wait until break in is over?
You will need to adjust the rod/bolt all the way out to raise the engagement point higher... it will have some very mild chatter for the 1st 400~500 miles but it goes away.. It's a very nice clutch.. super easy to drive...:thumbsup:

methan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Sedan - MSM
Country flag
You will need to adjust the rod/bolt all the way out to raise the engagement point higher... it will have some very mild chatter for the 1st 400~500 miles but it goes away.. It's a very nice clutch.. super easy to drive...:thumbsup:
Thanks for the helpful info! Wasn't sure if we could change that takeup point. Chatter is just for a second or less while engaging and is mild overall. Feels strong and ready for more go-fast parts!
Sponsored