Request: Blinking side marker?

BLK Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport, 1960 Classic Mini w/B16B
Run the ground wire on your side marker to the turn signal positive side.

When the turn signal in on , parking light will go off due to the cuircuit being positive on both side.

Not the best illustrations but here

Honda Civic 10th gen Request: Blinking side marker? image
Sponsored

ysutarko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatchback Sport
Country flag

When the turn signal in on , parking light will go off due to the cuircuit being positive on both side.

image.jpg
Works, thank you. However, it only works at night with parking light on. During day time does not work

BLK Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport, 1960 Classic Mini w/B16B
I havent test it yet, but i would assume that the power would be flowing backward and the positive becomes negative when the parking light if off. Therefore in theory it should work.

gokooljapan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen LX
Country flag

image.jpg

When you say "splice" do you mean "tap" into the connection, or do you mean "sever" the wire and replace with the "+" of the turn signal positive side. I apologize for the question, but in your illustration it looks like you "severed" the negative wire and replaced with the positive side of the turn signal.

Thanks in advance

sunnysunday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic ex-t 2016
Country flag
I’m also wondering how this is done and whether anyone has already done it. I tried this weekend and jus kept blowing fuses.

I had leds in my side markers and switched them to incandescent since my marker started hyper blinking. So I jus cleaned it all up and put it back to normal.

I REALLY want to do this mod. Please help

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
still can not figure out how to make the side marker alternating blinking signal and still keep the parking light
You have 2 options.

Either
if the side light is on, it stays on while the Blinker blinks
or
if the side light is on, it blinks the Opposite to the Blinker.

SIDE_Ctrl | TURN-Ctrl | SIDE_Light_1 | SIDE_Light_2
0 0 0 0
0 1 1 1
1 0 1 1
1 1 1 0

Opt 1 is an OR logic Function
Opt 2 is an EXCLUSIVE_OR logic Function

The OR you can achieve with 2 diodes. (very easy)

The Exclusive or will require relay solution (or Transistor solution)

Opt 2 may have some Highway Legal issues.. ie if the side lights are ON, they should remain on even when turning. ?

If you want the Side light to Blink in phase with the Turn, that is POSSIBLE, but would require a lot more Logic, to determine that the Turn Signal was in a BLINKING mode, even when it is temporarily in the OFF Blink state.

Last edited:

sunnysunday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic ex-t 2016
Country flag
Cool thanks!

I actually got it done last week. My side markers now blink opposite of my blinkers. And in the day time they blink in unison.

However, they do not function when the light switch is on ‘auto’ mode. To use in the day time the switch should be set to ‘parking lights’

Good stuff

Aurelleah

First Name
Aurelleah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX in Modern Steel
Country flag
I bought the switchback LED markers, they have the plugin for the LED and then they have a separate green wire. I should be able to tap/splice that green wire to another one in order to get the switchback functionality but im unsure whether I should try to tap to the positive or the negative wire of the turn signal, or if I need to add in some basic circuitry before that. Anyone have any ideas or purchased a similar style and got it working so it's switchback?

Deleted member 21040

This guy shows how to install switchback side markers, enjoy! I hope this helps with some other questions.
@everyone

Radioman1030

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Coupe
Country flag
still can not figure out how to make the side marker alternating blinking signal and still keep the parking light
This is an easy mod, run the ground on your side marker to the power supply side on the front headlight turn signal. I was researching the connector so I can built a plug and play mini harness for myself. I dont want cut into the harness like my last car.
As BLK Hatch started, disconnect the - or ground wire from the side marker light and then hook that side of the marker light to the + positive or hot side of the turn signal bulb. This will cause the side marker to blink with the turn signal when the parking lights are off and alternate with the turn signal when they are on.
Sponsored