Replica Type R Wing. When & where?

imperialgrunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I ordered a different replica spoiler and was trying to see if anyone can help me out with the install. I tried emailing the seller, but he hasn't been returning my emails.

I am just bored on this rainy day, trying to assemble it as much as I can before painting it, but I have no clue where these little anchor type bolts go?

Honda Civic 10th gen Replica Type R Wing.  When & where? 20180109_145728

Honda Civic 10th gen Replica Type R Wing.  When & where? 20180109_145750

jillian85!

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
I ordered a different replica spoiler and was trying to see if anyone can help me out with the install. I tried emailing the seller, but he hasn't been returning my emails.

I am just bored on this rainy day, trying to assemble it as much as I can before painting it, but I have no clue where these little anchor type bolts go?

20180109_145728.jpg

20180109_145750.jpg
Good luck. Since you seem to be upgrading your car. Do you.. know where I can find a stock type r hood? Also will it fit si? No carbon fiber please.

Jamroxorz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

20180109_145728.jpg

20180109_145750.jpg
I’m not certain, but it’s possible that how to attach it to the car. From the inside of the truck you run the anchor through the truck and spoiler, and then put the nail in to expand and lock it in.

Is that the ABS Dynamics spoiler? If so I ordered that one as well recently, to replace my previous one that’s common on eBay, this spoiler is better proportioned.

Jamroxorz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just received my spoiler, also stumped what those could be for xD. Also the 6 smaller screws, they seem too short for any use.

imperialgrunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
The silver ones.
I took the spoiler to a few body shops and they were stumped as to where those 6 anchor looking screws go. Not to mention that both places I went to want to charge me $550-600 just to color match the spoiler...

Bloodysteak

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback 6MT - Aegean Blue Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

20180109_145728.jpg

20180109_145750.jpg
Those "anchor type bolts" you are referring to are rivets in which you need a rivet gun to install them. I'm guessing they are to be used with the two smaller holes on the spoiler mounting surface. Check the diameter of the rivet (thicker part) to see if it fits through the smaller holes. If it's about the same diameter, I'm guessing you will need to drill the same equivalent diameter hole on the trunk of your car after lining up. Then slide the rivet through the lined up holes and pull the trigger on the rivet gun. My guess is that they gave you two extra rivets granted that they are to used on those two smaller holes on each side of the spoiler mounting surface

Jrman949

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic sport hatchback
Country flag
Just have this installed yesterday. Took the car on high way and haven't heard or notice reverberating ... Yet. Will see if it happens. Had the spoiler painted and installed at my friend's body shop for a good price. Body color on the base and gloss black center.

20171007_011428.jpg
Sorry for late reply but I have the same car and color and just ordered my wing where or how did you paint the wing to match the car?

Nexus90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 C300, 14 corolla, 17 civic
Country flag
Sorry for late reply but I have the same car and color and just ordered my wing where or how did you paint the wing to match the car?
If I'm understanding you the color code for the car is on the sticker placed on the frame of the drivers door. It's up to you how you paint it I did color match for the two outer pieces of the wing and the top garnishes and vortex fins and the center piece of the wing I did it in black. But if you wanna color match the whole thing that is up to you and in sure it wouldn't look bad either. This is of course if I understood the 2nd part of your question of none of this applies just disregard this hahaha

Ihatch_back

First Name
Teody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6MT

20180109_145728.jpg

20180109_145750.jpg
Thats a rivet not bolt! It will not hold it if u use that...

Jrman949

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic sport hatchback
Country flag
If I'm understanding you the color code for the car is on the sticker placed on the frame of the drivers door. It's up to you how you paint it I did color match for the two outer pieces of the wing and the top garnishes and vortex fins and the center piece of the wing I did it in black. But if you wanna color match the whole thing that is up to you and in sure it wouldn't look bad either. This is of course if I understood the 2nd part of your question of none of this applies just disregard this hahaha
Thanks how did you paint it