Replica Type R Wing Installation

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It’s always weird to me how people develop these odd opinions, especially when it comes to Japanese makes that have long history of choosing form over function. If this view was how people truly felt, every non-sports car would look like a 1992 Toyota Corolla. I don’t want to down anyone’s opinion, but when it’s a patently false opinion, it just comes off as insecure grandstanding. It’s like saying, don’t play ball in Jordans if you’re not a 6’7” athletic freak lol. Who the hell thinks like this?

As a man with a sports car that would walk any CTR, I couldn’t give less of a shit. I still even prefer driving my big wang having, CVT chugging, open diff one-wheel peeling Civic. I’d hate to live a life feeling like I need meet some nebulous criteria to fully enjoy something I’m passionate about.
Cars paid off. CVT, modded, haven’t spent too much. Do all the mods myself. Car is fast, great daily. Enjoy it more than my previous s2000 for daily. In the end this is a community of enthusiasts. We love our cars. Install mods as a hobby and still say we can do it even after all the years of modding previous cars. We can still get performance out of our “econo” boxes. No need to bash anyone on what they do to their cars. (Directed at previous post that looks like it got deleted.)
Honda Civic 10th gen Replica Type R Wing Installation 67A48DB1-97E4-4E36-BC57-A7F3E7D9FC0E
Sponsored

Last edited:

10thgenSIcoupeBLK

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen Civic si coupe
Country flag
Cars paid off. CVT, modded, haven’t spent too much. Do all the mods myself. Car is fast, great daily. Enjoy it more than my previous s2000 for daily. In the end this is a community of enthusiasts. We love our cars. Install mods as a hobby and still say we can do it even after all the years of modding previous cars. We can still get performance out of our “econo” boxes. No need to bash anyone on what they do to their cars. (Directed at previous post that looks like it got deleted.)
67A48DB1-97E4-4E36-BC57-A7F3E7D9FC0E.jpeg
How’s the wing is it on there good ? Haha for some reason I sorry if I’m driving in the highway it will blow off ? obviously it won’t but I just sometimes have that cross my mind

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

10thgenSIcoupeBLK

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen Civic si coupe
Country flag

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How about going through the car wash ? Like a touch wash
A touch less car wash would be fine. I wouldn’t try a non touch less. More fear of micro scratches. Imagine the spinning roller between the window and spoiler as it lifts, wouldn’t be good I’m positive my spoiler install can take it but also positive it’ll get scratched up. I’m sure no type r owner would use a non touch less car wash. I always wash myself and by hand, bucket, sponge, and soap

here is the aftermath of a non touch less in a type r. Messed up his trunk.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/car-wash-warning.46670/

Last edited:

SiR

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, 2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Honestly I don’t dig the replica type r wing. It’s meant for the wider body of the type r that make it look better but on these smaller civic, the smaller wing would look better. It’s hard to tell the difference but you’ll know side by side, such as the replica wing is wider than the car itself as where on mine, the smaller wing is a perfect size.

4E9FE3F3-E1B0-4D8E-B990-CD7D81BED109.jpeg
not just wider, it will affect the driving aerodynamically. As it may look very cool, I usually suggest against such stuff due to safety reasons, especially on highway, a wrong wing can be lethal. Unless of course, you are an expert in those stuff