Replica Type R Wing Installation

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
It’s one thing when you personalize your car, it’s another when you add stuff to it to make it look like the higher performance version of it. It’s like those people with lowest trim BMW 328s putting M3 style bumpers on them. People who don’t know jack about cars might compliment it, but anyone who knows anything will just roll their eyes.
It's too bad those people cant get off there high horses and realize that people put on the spoiler because they like the look of it. Those same people are the same as the guys in the muscles cars that have to rev their motors and jump on the gas just to let everyone know how much power there packing. No need to crap on others just because they don't share your opinion. It's also a little sad that you would restrict yourself from adding something to your vehicle just because it's not in your trim level. The M3 bumper looks nice and they want to put it on their vehicle. What's the issue here? A serious question, if you really liked something on the CTR , would you not put it on your car just because you'll afraid "real" racers would roll there condescending eyes at you?
Sponsored

LightX

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
It’s one thing when you personalize your car, it’s another when you add stuff to it to make it look like the higher performance version of it. It’s like those people with lowest trim BMW 328s putting M3 style bumpers on them. People who don’t know jack about cars might compliment it, but anyone who knows anything will just roll their eyes.
This guy lol. Must be hard for you to find an R.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, has anyone had one installed+painted and how much was it?
Yes, I paid $300 for paint and install of my Seibon Carbon wing. Ignore the morons in this thread and do what you want to your car.

Just curious, why would you want a Type R wing on your CVT Civic?
Because he can....

Honda Civic 10th gen Replica Type R Wing Installation IMG_5243

FR32H OJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, lots of trolls posting useless information. So many posts saying the wing looks terrible. That's just like saying the type R looks terrible. I liked the look of the wing and like adding a combination of performance plus cosmetic parts. It's personalization of YOUR car. If you don't like the wing don't put it on your car, also no need to bash people who DO like it. Stop being trolls.

Honda Civic 10th gen Replica Type R Wing Installation 20180809_183401

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Replica Type R Wing Installation 70C36ACE-78B2-45CB-AFEC-91FBAAD0752C

Tune vs. wing? It really should only matter to the owner of the car. Let people be and do their own thing. Some people care more about looks than performance, and vice versa. So you’ll never convince those people to see your point of view. Build your car for yourself, not to impress someone else, or some old lady, or some CTR owners.

Personally, I like the CTR wing, the hatch looks naked without it. Still unsure if I wanna put holes in the hatch for it, holes are kinda permanent. Not sure how many replicas are out there, or if there’s just one from China and packaged differently.

As far as power, since it seems so simple to add power, I’d rather focus on some supporting mods before that step. Maybe LSD, maybe brakes.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Uh oh, here come the CTR guys, lol. They go nuts when non-CTR's use CTR parts on their cars, especially the red badges and wings.
I’m a CTR owner and I don’t care what people put on their cars that is from the Type R so long as it’s not the actual Type R badge (not the red Honda logo, that is fine), or the owner is claiming his car is a Type R when it’s not. Other than that, go crazy.

My opinion is that the wing on the hatch fits better with the aggressive aero that the Type R has that the regular hatchback does not.

typeaarrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
typeaarrr
Country flag
You mean a $450 ktuner vs a $200 wing ($380 vs $150 sale)? Spoiler is cheaper at face value. Also, what maybe useless for you may not be useless for some. OP may want something he can see as opposed to extra hp that he may not need or will use. Buying the spoiler is no different than buying a front lip for your car.
$200 unpainted. Another $250+ for a decent paint job.

I answered OP's question.

Last edited:

loadthehatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic sport touring hatchback
Country flag
So i have a auto 2017 civic hatchback sport. I've looked around for getting it installed (http://www.absdynamics.com/2016-201...r-trunk-lid-spoiler_SPOILER-C175D-TR_1967.php) and i've found people as low as $350 all the way up to $800. Anyone have advice what to look for? Any price range to pay?
I have a 2019 HB Sport Touring and I bought my type R wing from ProCivic (https://www.procivic.com/pages-product_car_part_info/category-71_97/product-2920/index.html) I paid around $190+$50 shipping for the wing and around $130 to get it painted (my dad works at an autobody shop). It took about 3 hours to install because you have to be SUPER precise when drilling the holes. The right side of the spoiler was flush but the left side of the spoiler was a bit off but nothing serious. I think the wing looks great, it makes my hatchback look entirely different from before I had it. If you want to see pics check out @loadthehatch on ig

10thgenSIcoupeBLK

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen Civic si coupe
Country flag
I’m gonna put one of the carbon fiber wings on my si coupe .... idk it looks better than the stock ?‍♀ That’s just me

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
The many generations Si and Type R have always been excellent platforms- these are the only platforms that knowledgeable people modify. People that modify their standard Civics somehow missed the boat and mistakenly think their standard Civics are the same kind of car. It sucks but someone has to say it.

If you don't have an Si or a Type R, putting performance parts on your Civic whether cosmetic or functional is a joke. All it does is show that the owner has no idea what the difference is between a performance car and an econo box. Putting a spoiler on a CVT Civic is like putting a spoiler on an SUV or a van. There's no such thing as a performance car that doesn't have a limited slip differential of some kind.

But don't let me stop you- by all means if you want to lift your two wheel drive base model pickup and deck it out like it is some offroad vehicle, go ahead. That is what it is like putting a spoiler on a car that won't go around a track faster than a Camry and won't beat a minivan in a straight line.

I get it- you like cars and you like your car. You like performance. Save your money, pay off your car quicker. Then get an actual performance focused model of whatever car you want. You will be 10,000x happier. Trust me.
It’s always weird to me how people develop these odd opinions, especially when it comes to Japanese makes that have long history of choosing form over function. If this view was how people truly felt, every non-sports car would look like a 1992 Toyota Corolla. I don’t want to down anyone’s opinion, but when it’s a patently false opinion, it just comes off as insecure grandstanding. It’s like saying, don’t play ball in Jordans if you’re not a 6’7” athletic freak lol. Who the hell thinks like this?

As a man with a sports car that would walk any CTR, I couldn’t give less of a shit. I still even prefer driving my big wang having, CVT chugging, open diff one-wheel peeling Civic. I’d hate to live a life feeling like I need meet some nebulous criteria to fully enjoy something I’m passionate about.
Sponsored