latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You talk about that ;

Honda Civic 10th gen Replica Type R Wing Installation Capture d’écran 2018-08-11 à 05.19.35

Last edited:
OP
OP

NewbieBoy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 2017
Country flag
Yes, has anyone had one installed+painted and how much was it?

AndreyL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just curious, why would you want a Type R wing on your CVT Civic?

LightX

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Honestly I don’t dig the replica type r wing. It’s meant for the wider body of the type r that make it look better but on these smaller civic, the smaller wing would look better. It’s hard to tell the difference but you’ll know side by side, such as the replica wing is wider than the car itself as where on mine, the smaller wing is a perfect size.

Honda Civic 10th gen Replica Type R Wing Installation 4E9FE3F3-E1B0-4D8E-B990-CD7D81BED109

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honestly I don’t dig the replica type r wing. It’s meant for the wider body of the type r that make it look better but on these smaller civic, the smaller wing would look better. It’s hard to tell the difference but you’ll know side by side, such as the replica wing is wider than the car itself as where on mine, the smaller wing is a perfect size.

4E9FE3F3-E1B0-4D8E-B990-CD7D81BED109.jpeg

Yes larger is ugly IMO

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
Just curious, why would you want a Type R wing on your CVT Civic?
Dont know why this is such a divide on this forum. It's like some people actually believe someone would pay to have things installed on their vehicle that they dont like just so they can try to fake a Type R. Let's not take the obvious answer of they do it because they think it looks good. In reply to the smaller replica wing, I think it looks terrible. My issue is not the size of the wing but how it sits. From the side view, the small wing does not stick out past the stock lower spoiler. It looks off like the spoiler is installed wrong.
Honda Civic 10th gen Replica Type R Wing Installation 0BC41E1F-BB73-4B6C-90BD-4A091C7E157A-1702-000001029075DA5A
Honda Civic 10th gen Replica Type R Wing Installation 8A102B57-1031-4158-A82B-74459125CF06-1702-000001029EDC0FA8

typeaarrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
typeaarrr
Country flag
So i have a auto 2017 civic hatchback sport. I've looked around for getting it installed (http://www.absdynamics.com/2016-201...r-trunk-lid-spoiler_SPOILER-C175D-TR_1967.php) and i've found people as low as $350 all the way up to $800. Anyone have advice what to look for? Any price range to pay?
Take the money you would have spent on the type-r replica wing and get a ktuner or hondata.

The Type-R replica wing is the most useless mod that adds little to no value. Most replica wings look good in picture, but in real life looks bad. Huge gaps and fitment issues.

And you're drilling holes that would decrease the resell/trade-in value of your car.

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Take the money you would have spent on the type-r replica wing and get a ktuner or hondata.

The Type-R replica wing is the most useless mod that adds little to no value. Most replica wings look good in picture, but in real life looks bad. Huge gaps and fitment issues.

And you're drilling holes that would decrease the resell/trade-in value of your car.

I agree. A expensive Civic need good stuff

LightX

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
A Ktuner V1.2 is $449.00 MSRP ($381.65 on sale).

A Type-R replica wing cost $350+.

What is a better value? A useless wing or ecu tuner that makes power.
Its all aesthetic with the wing. You’re comparing a performance mod to a aesthetic mod. Bashing people saying it’s useless or ugly isn’t any help, why even leave a post lol. He’s asking for advice so at least give him advice about the topic. I bought my car and I like the wing, washed my car one day and an old lady in her fifties I believe, came up to me and say my car look gorgeous and asked me what car it is. She loved how my car look withthe wing and all and maybe you probably don’t like it but you shouldn’t walk up to people saying it’s a waste of money and no value or use at all.

AndreyL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Its all aesthetic with the wing. You’re comparing a performance mod to a aesthetic mod. Bashing people saying it’s useless or ugly isn’t any help, why even leave a post lol. He’s asking for advice so at least give him advice about the topic. I bought my car and I like the wing, washed my car one day and an old lady in her fifties I believe, came up to me and say my car look gorgeous and asked me what car it is. She loved how my car look withthe wing and all and maybe you probably don’t like it but you shouldn’t walk up to people saying it’s a waste of money and no value or use at all.
It’s one thing when you personalize your car, it’s another when you add stuff to it to make it look like the higher performance version of it. It’s like those people with lowest trim BMW 328s putting M3 style bumpers on them. People who don’t know jack about cars might compliment it, but anyone who knows anything will just roll their eyes.

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
A Ktuner V1.2 is $449.00 MSRP ($381.65 on sale).

A Type-R replica wing cost $350+.

What is a better value? A useless wing or ecu tuner that makes power.
You mean a $450 ktuner vs a $200 wing ($380 vs $150 sale)? Spoiler is cheaper at face value. Also, what maybe useless for you may not be useless for some. OP may want something he can see as opposed to extra hp that he may not need or will use. Buying the spoiler is no different than buying a front lip for your car.
Sponsored