WolfTrax17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
well let me know how it turns out i like the spoiler
I love it. The installer did a great job

No vibration noise and it's not even visable in my rear view mirror which is awesome

To the people that have done or plan to do self installs my installer recommended using 1 inch spacers to avoid damage to the hatch from over tightening

View attachment 88880

View attachment 88881

Honda Civic 10th gen Replica Type R Spoiler Installation Template IMG_20180319_210021203

Honda Civic 10th gen Replica Type R Spoiler Installation Template IMG_20180323_105038507

Honda Civic 10th gen Replica Type R Spoiler Installation Template IMG_20180323_104923907_HDR

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have zero complaints with mine, it looks great and has no flex or vibration. Just take your time installing it and do it right.
Honda Civic 10th gen Replica Type R Spoiler Installation Template THERMAL 2

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Bloodysteak

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback 6MT - Aegean Blue Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's what he recommended to avoid over tightening the spoiler
1" spacers? Meaning 1" washers? To distribute the load applied when torquing the spoiler bolts down? I just need some clarification before I get mine back from getting paint.

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
1" spacers? Meaning 1" washers? To distribute the load applied when torquing the spoiler bolts down? I just need some clarification before I get mine back from getting paint.
I think he meant washers. 1 inch spacers would lift the spoiler up making a noticeable gap

will71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic, GLC
Anybody know an experienced body shop around SoCal to get this installed?

imperialgrunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I love it. The installer did a great job

No vibration noise and it's not even visable in my rear view mirror which is awesome

To the people that have done or plan to do self installs my installer recommended using 1 inch spacers to avoid damage to the hatch from over tightening

View attachment 88880

View attachment 88881

IMG_20180319_210021203.jpg

IMG_20180323_105038507.jpg

IMG_20180323_104923907_HDR.jpg
Where did he recommended to put the washers? Between the hatch and wing? Or from inside the trunk where you put the bolt through?

blue_soho

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback - Sport Touring PMM

civic1907

First Name
adi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Turbo Hatchback 2017
Country flag
I think he meant washers. 1 inch spacers would lift the spoiler up making a noticeable gap
no, I think he meant spacers inside the hatch.the screws dont sit directly to the inner side hatch panel.but there are plates hanging to hold the screws.
if you over tighten the srews, it’ll pushdown the hatch panel.

rec.life

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic sport hb
Country flag
So, when I installed my spoiler I did not have a template and struggle a little getting it installed. I developed a template but should only be used as a guide as it may not be 100% accurate. It should get you very close. Use at your own risk. Download the template here https://goo.gl/GCvtqe

If you use it, give some feedback. If it needs to be corrected, please do and share it here for the benefit of others.

This is only for the EXACT REPLICA Type R Spoiler sold here https://goo.gl/eWHjoF
Except I paid $180

20180108_145135.jpg
20180108_145155.jpg
So I just had a thought, with there being so many replica spoilers, I’d assume that templates would be just as diverse. So I figured that the best solution would be to use template with your wing. But whenever I go to click any links, it says it no longer exists. I hear a lot of people give you credit for your template. So if you could re-link where you got your wing, I’d feel 100x more confident lining it up with your template.

OP
OP
Manny

Manny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX; 2004 Acura RSX Type S (turbo); 2014 Honda Accord LX
Country flag
So I just had a thought, with there being so many replica spoilers, I’d assume that templates would be just as diverse. So I figured that the best solution would be to use template with your wing. But whenever I go to click any links, it says it no longer exists. I hear a lot of people give you credit for your template. So if you could re-link where you got your wing, I’d feel 100x more confident lining it up with your template.
Hi rec.life!

Here is a new link, I hope it helps. https://fk7civicx.page.link/Type-R-Spoiler-Template

I can't stress this enough, when I created it, I did not have a template. I suggest that once you mark the spots where you are planning to drill, etc. you set the spoiler (assembled) over it so that you are satisfied with the final placement. There is only the right side because you should be able to flip it around and use it on the left side. Let me know if you have other questions and thanks for the feedback.

Oh, if you can make it better, please do so and share it.
Sponsored