First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic sport hb
Country flag
Hi rec.life!

Here is a new link, I hope it helps. https://fk7civicx.page.link/Type-R-Spoiler-Template

I can't stress this enough, when I created it, I did not have a template. I suggest that once you mark the spots where you are planning to drill, etc. you set the spoiler (assembled) over it so that you are satisfied with the final placement. There is only the right side because you should be able to flip it around and use it on the left side. Let me know if you have other questions and thanks for the feedback.

Oh, if you can make it better, please do so and share it.
Can you give me the seller of your wing as well?
Sponsored

ski-line900

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
So I finally got around to installing the wing.

I had trouble with the templates, the one sent by ABS Dynamics was hilariously incorrectly scaled, super small.

I downloaded the one made by a member here, and try as I might, I was never confident enough with how to line it up to drill the holes.

The way I ended up doing it was:

I bought a 1'' plastic spacer that was recommended to use between the two layers of the trunk shell. I took one of the bolts, and put sharpie ink on the end of the bolt. Then I held the spacer tight against the rearward bolt hole, between the two layers, to align the bolt flush. Pushed the bolt up against the top layer of the trunk and it left a circle where the bolt should go.

I then drilled the rear hole from the inside. Next I used a template I made of the bottom of the feet to find the hole towards the front of the car, from the outside. I drilled the front hole of each from the outside like normal.

This worked perfectly for me, the holes lined up and there was no issue with fitting.

I used a few different types of foam weather-stripping. One thickness on the base of the feet, and another between the feet and the wing side-supports. Had to experiment with different thicknesses to find ones that didn't make attaching the bolts too difficult. Also used blue loc-tite and didn't torque on them, for fear of stripping.

I used longer bolts for attaching the wing to the hatch, and attaching the center section of the wing to the uprights.

Honda Civic 10th gen Replica Type R Spoiler Installation Template kyTDudQ

Honda Civic 10th gen Replica Type R Spoiler Installation Template RN6twBW

Honda Civic 10th gen Replica Type R Spoiler Installation Template 1gl7ChA

Honda Civic 10th gen Replica Type R Spoiler Installation Template awWI869

One of the pics show the supports, I have not installed them yet but likely will. I do not want the spoiler to vibrate at speed or when I close the trunk.

The hatch supports hold the weight a lot better than I expected, not much of a difference there.

Thanks to all the help from the forum.

S60doc

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic HB Sport
Country flag
Hi guys im trying to install this wing now. But winglet's screw is short. Im at homedepot but I can't find same size longer version. Where can i find it?

Missbrunettebeauty

First Name
Florence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17'civic hatchback LX, 15' CBR 300R
Country flag
Cool. Good luck! Make sure it prints out okay and that everything lines up to your liking before drilling. I didn't have a template so I drilled from the inside. There is a video in youtube where I show the two holes I used as a guide, but on one of them I drilled at an incorrect angle and ended up being off. So that one hole ended larger than the others and after installation I covered the screw and the over-sized hole with clear RTV.
Do you happen to have the template made for the left side too?? I'm getting it put on right after it gets painted