Replacing the head unit in sport hatch.

Arman98

First Name
Arman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Has anyone replaced their head unit? Im trying to figure out hows its done but I have found very little help and what I have found on this site and others its all foreign language to me and doesn't make much sense. And the people that did replace it said that they lost the the controls on the wheel, or the backup camera didn't work, and people had issues with the turn signals. I used to have a Tacoma and I just took it to a shop and they replaced the head unit and speakers, thats about all the experience I have.
Sponsored

curt d

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic sport hatch, 06 Cobalt LS, 08 C6 Vette
Country flag
You should probably just take this one to the shop as well. The hatchback sport is no big deal. You won't lose your steering controls, you won't lose your backup camera, and if there is a issue with turn signals it is the fault of the installer

OP
OP

Arman98

First Name
Arman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
You should probably just take this one to the shop as well. The hatchback sport is no big deal. You won't lose your steering controls, you won't lose your backup camera, and if there is a issue with turn signals it is the fault of the installer
the screen is so small though...I have seen others using that 9" phoenix head unit, but they have had some problems. So if I take it to the shop wont they just replace that little screen and keep the rest of the head unit the same?

curt d

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic sport hatch, 06 Cobalt LS, 08 C6 Vette
Country flag
The 'little screen' is your head unit. They will replace the head unit with another for example the Kenwood ddx9905s. If the shop is reputable, go talk with them about options. If you want the 9" screen....get the phoenix. I have no experience with it.
Sponsored