Replacing the cloth center console/armrest with leather?

Daneko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback - Sport
Did anyone actually do this? One of the mods I'm considering too lol
Sponsored

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did anyone actually do this? One of the mods I'm considering too lol
I know several of us have, I actually didn't get to the console piece yet, but did do the armrests as they have the same crappy fabric. It makes a world of difference.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I have a SI Coupe and I am replacing these armrest trims. This includes the console armrest, 2 trims in front of it and the 2 door armrests.

I have the 3 center pieces already and will get the door armrests soon.

I get the pieces from the Toruing coupe which are faux leather.

curt d

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic sport hatch, 06 Cobalt LS, 08 C6 Vette
Country flag
I inquired at a local auto interior shop about redoing mine in vinyl. He recommends that over leather for ease of maintenance and cleaning. It was about 200 for the center and 4 armrests. Also adding some padding under all of them.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I inquired at a local auto interior shop about redoing mine in vinyl. He recommends that over leather for ease of maintenance and cleaning. It was about 200 for the center and 4 armrests. Also adding some padding under all of them.
Not bad. Price is great if the workmanship is good. You will pay more if you go with the Toruing leather trims. Also, more work for the Touring trims because you will have to color the stitches.

On the other hand, the fitment of the Touring trims is perfect.

Last edited:

raynist

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Cosmic Blue Civic EX-T Manual
Country flag
Not bad. Price is great if the workmanship is good. You will pay more if you go with the Toruing leather trims. Also, more work for the Touring trims because you will have to color the stitches.

On the other hand, the fitment of the Touring trims is perfect.
Does anyone have pictures after this upgrade? I don’t like the cloth either.

BTW - for everyone saying why not get the EX-L instead - I only drive manual transmissions. EX-L is CVT only!!

Last edited:

ck42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Sport MT
Country flag
Planning on doing the whole door armrests and center console swap too. Looking on Bernardi, I'm choosing the parts from a HB EX-L (have a Sport). Just wanted to be 110% sure that I'm not missing something here.
It sounds like maybe the Touring trim is fake leather while the EX-L is real leather? Didn't realize this. All I want is something that matches my steering wheel and shifter on my Sport, which to my understanding is actual leather. Is this correct? Again, I don't care is it's real or not...just want it to match what I already have. And chalk me up as another vote that thinks the fabric is cheap...feels rough and cheap, and doubts its longevity.

Last edited:

Blacklude4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Prelude VTEC, 1990 Civic EX hatch, 2018 civic Si coupe
Country flag
Does anyone have pictures after this upgrade? I don’t like the cloth either.
Here are the oem pieces I installed in my car. I re-stitched the trim in red to match the si interior. The factory thread originally was a light gray, almost white color. Imo much better look and feel compared to the cloth. It doesn't collect the gunk as well as feel so rough on bare skinned forearms....

Honda Civic 10th gen Replacing the cloth center console/armrest with leather? IMG_20180610_092520402_HDR

Sadler

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I'm pretty set on buying an EX-T but I test drove it and while the seats were very comfortable, the center console/armrest area had this uncomfortable abrasive cloth and I can't imagine keeping my arm on it for very long. Is there any way to replace it with the leather version from the EX-L? And how pricey would it be?
Takes a little work, but you can also buy a leather wrap for the armrests (ebay has a bunch). That's what I did, and it looks 100x better than the cloth. Between the door and console armrests, I paid about $40-50. Pretty simple to apply too, especially if you're a crafty type. There are threads on here detailing the process.

flacobill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 IS500 his, 2020 RR FK7- hers
Country flag
Here are the oem pieces I installed in my car. I re-stitched the trim in red to match the si interior. The factory thread originally was a light gray, almost white color. Imo much better look and feel compared to the cloth. It doesn't collect the gunk as well as feel so rough on bare skinned forearms....

IMG_20180610_092520402_HDR.jpg
Good job!! Looks great! Love the stitching too. I may do this for my R. The material in the CTR is similar to felt-not as bad as cloth but close...

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
Doing this today all cloth replaced with leather including door panels and armrest

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I have my car on lease so i'm assuming if I changed it out with leather I would be charged by the dealer for "damage" when if I return the car (I might decide to keep it who knows). Correct me if im wrong.

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
I wouldn't mess with a lease car in anyway unless your 100% sure you are going to keep the car

TranceFC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Manual
Country flag
From which model should I get the leather console and side arm rests. I was gonna get it from a type r but I was leaning towards the touring leather. Any differences

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I wouldn't mess with a lease car in anyway unless your 100% sure you are going to keep the car
Yeah all I plan to do to this car is the LED conversion (dealer probably won't notice the difference if I return the car), the tune (my friend sold me his ktuner for $150), and some vinyl film to tint the taillights and they're all reversible so I think it'll be okay. The cloth armrest really bugs me though and I wish I could change it out.
Sponsored