Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Indiana as per tag

PXL_20240128_230015852~2.jpg
Id go aftermarket or purchase the shark fin part from Honda and install it myself or have someone more knowledgeable install it with proper glue or adhesive tape. Order the part from hondpartsnow or another site and skip the dealership. I'm sure you have a neighbor that can help you install it.

KitKat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Id go aftermarket or purchase the shark fin part from Honda and install it myself or have someone more knowledgeable install it with proper glue or adhesive tape. Order the part from hondpartsnow or another site and skip the dealership. I'm sure you have a neighbor that can help you install it.
I took it to a body shop and they had to take the headliner out and purchase some parts to put it back on. They showed me that the Honda dealership absolutely knew that they broken it off because the parts that hold it on as well as the gasket were missing. They showed me the parts that should have been there and the gasket and they absolutely were not there when I left that dealership. They were absolutely astonished that the dealership attempted to crazy glue it back on and took the gasket and mounting parts out. They did that before I left the dealership the first time because I was holding the shark fin in my hand and the gasket was gone and the mounting parts were gone so they took those before I ever left the first time. They probably figured it would fly off on the way home and I'd never figure out what happened. Idiots. I have finally deduced that the truck that pulled me over had to have come from the dealership because it was two blocks away and how could they possibly see my shark fin antenna getting ready to fly off elsewise? I'd bet it was a customer or an employee that knew what happened and followed me out.

They also repaired the seat that the dealership broke by purchasing a new motor. They showed me the broken parts from when they pushed the seat way too far back and broke the gears. Pieces of the gears were still sitting under the seat. They said that it was done from excessive force. The majority of the time that I owned the car I only weighed 94 lb (cancer treatment) and now weigh 121. The car only has 2,600 miles on it. I don't do aerobics on my seat nor do I readjust it. They said that absolute brute force caused the parts to break. They said it almost looks like it was done on purpose. That seat was so far back that day that I could not even believe it could get that far back. It was literally practically in the backseat.

They were extremely reasonable with cost. They charged $500 to replace the power driver seat motor and the shark fin antenna and then even detailed the car for me :) Receiptless cash repair of course, to keep it out of Carfax.

They told me that it is not uncommon at all for dealerships to damage people's cars and deny liability. The body shop that I went to does mechanical work as well so I'm never taking it to anybody else ever again! Never! Only them. They are absolutely fabulous.

Last edited: