First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got the low battery message on mine on the way from an appointment this afternoon...suspiciously close to 2 years of ownership. 2 years, 15 days.

Anyone know how long the battery lasts 'til it won't start anymore? I'm not taking it down that far - just curious.

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got the low battery message on mine on the way from an appointment this afternoon...suspiciously close to 2 years of ownership. 2 years, 15 days.

Anyone know how long the battery lasts 'til it won't start anymore? I'm not taking it down that far - just curious.
i know if the battery is dead you can hold the fob right up to the button and engage the push to start, the car should detect the fob and start. its in our manual

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I didn't see the low battery warning, but I have an EX. I just replaced mine yesterday. The batteries don't last long b/c they are constantly transmitting when you get in the car and press the ignition or open the door etc. There is always some type of communication which eats up the battery. Plus the batteries that come with the key fob are those Panasonic ones. These were used on my Toyota Prius and other Toyotas I've had in the past and they never last. The one I put in was a duracell so hopefully it lasts longer.

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, my low battery light just came on. And like everyone else, suspiciously close to my two year mark of ownership. Seems kind of short to me? This is the first car I’ve owned that used keyless entry. I’m gonna try to replace today. Not sure where I can find the battery.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, my low battery light just came on. And like everyone else, suspiciously close to my two year mark of ownership. Seems kind of short to me? This is the first car I’ve owned that used keyless entry. I’m gonna try to replace today. Not sure where I can find the battery.
It's just a standard CR2032 (watch battery). Most CVSs and grocery stores should have them.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
On most cars they usually last 6 months before the range starts to rapidly decrease. $5 a year isn't bad IMO. Don't go to dealer, they'll try and tell you it's going to cost $100 :crazy:

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
On most cars they usually last 6 months before the range starts to rapidly decrease. $5 a year isn't bad IMO. Don't go to dealer, they'll try and tell you it's going to cost $100 :crazy:
Got batteries from oreillys and replaced them :)

civicdabest-foo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x 1.5L turbo CVT
Country flag
Mine also. 2 years almost on the dot from the time I picked it up. The battery they put into the fobs is a Panasonic battery. I'm surprised it ran out so fast.

A lot of people are seeing it happen in 2 years precisely to the month. I wonder if this is programmed into the MM and the MM gets a reading from the fob about when the battery got changed.

choffman41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
Another 2 years from purchase. Checked voltage on old batt, about 2.5 volts. Looks like 2 years is about the time to change even if no warning message.

jms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring Coupe, '21 Honda Accord Touring
Country flag
lasted almost exactly 2 years for me as well.

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Black
Country flag
Common Battery. As I understand the car will tell you when it needs to be replaced? I wish my Mini did that because it goes out at the worst possible times. No warning. I am sure Honda is better.

Number 215

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Just got the fob low battery message in the Type R today. I've had it since Day 1, which is now 2 years 5 months. So that's 5 extra free months of battery life !

I guess the much higher price tag for a Type R is starting to pay off ! ROFL
Sponsored