Conika

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I wanted to see if anyone had experience with this? I plan on tapping into the Sub wire for signal, but then running it to my Alpine MR250 to power my 8 inch drop in replacement kicker sub. My question was since I am tapping into this OEM sub harness for the signal, does anyone know if its best to leave the HEAD UNIT SUB SETTINGS on 0 or should i max it out, or is there just going to be some tinkering with the settings on my end for the best sound. From what I have read the Sub has a LPF already set from the head unit on it, which I'm fine with, but I Just wanted to get people opinions on this to help me prepare with the project. Thanks all!
Sponsored

rhuel

First Name
Rhuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I wanted to see if anyone had experience with this? I plan on tapping into the Sub wire for signal, but then running it to my Alpine MR250 to power my 8 inch drop in replacement kicker sub. My question was since I am tapping into this OEM sub harness for the signal, does anyone know if its best to leave the HEAD UNIT SUB SETTINGS on 0 or should i max it out, or is there just going to be some tinkering with the settings on my end for the best sound. From what I have read the Sub has a LPF already set from the head unit on it, which I'm fine with, but I Just wanted to get people opinions on this to help me prepare with the project. Thanks all!
Not sure about "Best" and as this thread is a bit old and it looks like you've already been up and running for some time, you probably already know - start at 0, fine tune from there.

I've found that with different audio sources (USB, FM, Pandora, XM, etc.), I need to adjust the bass level on my HU, even between different XM stations there's quite the difference in bass coming through.

I set the gain on my MRV500 running a 10" sub to about midway, maybe a tad lower and use the Subwoofer control on the HU to get the amount of bass I want. I considered the RUX Knob, but more hassle than it's worth since the HU has the sub control.

Glad you got it up and going. I may swap out my other speakers some day and may even add a 4Ch amp - fairly unlikely, but who knows. I've done it before on my Z and THAT was a huge PITA - talk about no room to work - my Coupe feels cavernous in comparison.