First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The one for this car cost $150 to $200 and you need to ask the dealer to buy it. Cause it too big for UPS.
I've had UPS deliver much larger things than that.

Shit, I've had the USPS deliver bigger things than that.
Sponsored

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch, 1990 Chevrolet C1500
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've had UPS deliver much larger things than that.

Shit, I've had the USPS deliver bigger things than that.
It's not that UPS, or USPS, won't deliver packages that large. For UPS in particular they calculate dimensional weight for large packages, even if light in actual weight. This form of surcharge can get expensive.

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
Are we on the same page here? The CTR one is small metal plate and the regular Civic one you had to buy the whole bottom cover, which is the size of tiny bed. Haha

Last edited:

blitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Sorry to
So, I had my oil changed and idk if the tech forgot the bolts or bent the plate, which i heard is common. '

But my car is lowered and the plate is bent as if i hit something when reversing. I know for a fact i haven't hit anything as i rarely reverse unless parking.

Picture: https://imgur.com/a/NruxWCL

What is the best replacement? or should I just rip it off and not run one.
Sorry to hear what happened.

You may want to reach out to the original poster of this thread and see how he got through this mess.

I removed mine yesterday to inspect the undercarriage before I do a transmission fluid exchange, and I can definitely say that the “skid plate” is very thin, AND has some small scoops that protrude very slightly to the ground, so avoiding any road debris is a must, or driving very carefully on a steep ramp or speed bump that may contact the front of the car.

The cover (better term for this flimsy thing) has several tabs that must line-up and attach to the subframe plastic assembly, so I wouldn’t be surprised if some tech was in a rush and didn’t ensure the cover was correctly secured at all contact points.

Hope you get it all sorted out!

Garlow1979

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, I had my oil changed and idk if the tech forgot the bolts or bent the plate, which i heard is common. '

But my car is lowered and the plate is bent as if i hit something when reversing. I know for a fact i haven't hit anything as i rarely reverse unless parking.

Samething happened to me, got oil changed at dealership and about a week later I hear a metal scraping sound from under my car. The tech at the dealership left the two screws the hold up the skid plate. Wind was forcing it down. It was a little bent from hitting the road, I just unbent it and rummaged through my toolboxes and found two Allen screws that fit.

blitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I did a little research for the parts related to this original post, so hopefully someone else here can validate the results:

Diagram:
Honda Civic 10th gen Replacement Skid Plate 4bFU6XY

The individual cover is identified as Part 7, and the entire plastic assembly is listed as Part 6.
Honda Civic 10th gen Replacement Skid Plate R3fKhN7

The bolt (with the Phillips head) is listed as Part 15. Note: it shows two are required, which is correct.
Honda Civic 10th gen Replacement Skid Plate WI2pMsR

Lastly, the twist screws are listed as Part 24. Note: it shows 6 are required, which is correct.
Honda Civic 10th gen Replacement Skid Plate CYuVD3e

Hopefully this helps anyone locating these parts.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I did a little research for the parts related to this original post, so hopefully someone else here can validate the results:

Diagram:
4bFU6XY.jpg

The individual cover is identified as Part 7, and the entire plastic assembly is listed as Part 6.
R3fKhN7.jpg

Hopefully this helps anyone locating these parts.
Yeah, this is the one for the R. According to all part stores it doesn't fit any other civics.
I didn't have a problem buying the screws.

ARQK24

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic hatchback sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

go and check my page i made a skid plate replacement
Sponsored