Thoughts?

• Total voters

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hey guys, as I'm getting more into tuning and bolt-ons, I've been considering a RMM upgrade to help get power down to the ground more efficiently. I daily my car about 50 miles a day, so I don't want to ruin daily drivability with excessive NVH. I can handle an increase in vibration if the trade-off is worth it.

I have the options of a full RMM replacement between 27WON (90A) and Hasport (62A, 82A). I see that Perrin and Whiteline also make RMM inserts to fill in the gaps in the factory RMM bushings.

Anyone have any thoughts on inserts vs. full replacements? Can you feel a difference with just the inserts? Anyone start with one and switch to the other? Thanks!
Sponsored

YankeeSi

First Name
jerad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si sedan
Country flag
I'll give my perspective on both the insert and solid RMM since I've used both. I started with the 27won, I knew it was going to have more NVH but that didn't bother me. The performance from it was great, kept everything planted with no wheel hop. As for daily driving, that's all relative on the person's tolerance of comfort vs. performance. I decided since I use my A/C a lot that I needed a toned down alternative, so I went with the OEM Type R mount with the Perrin Inserts. It's def for my tastes the perfect mix of performance and daily comfort. You know it's there and yes at idle with the air on you get NVH but not nearly as bad as a solid mount like 27won, hardrace, etc. Research them all, figure your goals out and If you don't like your first choice there's other options.

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
got the hasport 62A thinking the NVH would be minimal and they're not cold or off idle. I've got over 35000 km on it so it's broken in for sure and is a lot tamer than it was brand new but you'll get vibrations when taking off, no matter how you do it. found i get some vibrations when deceleration around 2700-2800 rpms. Otherwise you don't feel the NVH, you hear the engine a bit more and the transmission gears whine in 1st-2nd gear if there is no noise inside the car. The car definitely feels more direct and not likel driving a rubber ball around. I'm not mad I got this one but it's not as smooth as I thought it would be for the softest full mount.

Oh, no wheel hop here other than the one induced by the overly aggressive traction control system. Dropping the clutch at any RPMs either lets the wheels spin or bog the engine but no hop at all I've felt. Still on stock contis though, haven't tried sticky tires.

My suggestion is to try the inserts first as they'll be the cheapest option and go up from there if you're not happy.

VAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I had the Perrin insert. Was great until Spring/Summer came and I had to turn my AC on. At idle it vibrated the whole car. However I only had 700 miles on it before removing it. You do get some extra NVH but it wasn't too bad.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
The inserts are the best balance, after they break in you will hardly notice them. The 70a Hasport was not too bad either though. Just depends on what your tolerance is.

madchiller

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Perrin is rated at 70a so it's a little stiffer than the Hasport 62a. So far I'm good with the Hasport 62a and its performance.

vandalSI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Country flag
i've put about 10k on the perrin inserts on my si rmm. it has definitely smoothed out since the beginning but still has a bit of vibration at idle with a/c running. turn a/c off and no vibration.
i would buy them again.

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hey guys, as I'm getting more into tuning and bolt-ons, I've been considering a RMM upgrade to help get power down to the ground more efficiently. I daily my car about 50 miles a day, so I don't want to ruin daily drivability with excessive NVH. I can handle an increase in vibration if the trade-off is worth it.

I have the options of a full RMM replacement between 27WON (90A) and Hasport (62A, 82A). I see that Perrin and Whiteline also make RMM inserts to fill in the gaps in the factory RMM bushings.

Anyone have any thoughts on inserts vs. full replacements? Can you feel a difference with just the inserts? Anyone start with one and switch to the other? Thanks!
Noticed you are using Hasport RMM.

How you like it?

CivicPR0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport Touring CVT
Country flag
I just installed the Type R RMM w/ Perrin Inserts. NVH is barely noticeable and only when going in reverse or for like 2secs when I press the Gas peddle. Car feels much better overall. Great Combo.

Honda Civic 10th gen Replacement RMM vs. RMM Inserts? D43FC428-13BD-449C-B36E-A3D83647898C

Honda Civic 10th gen Replacement RMM vs. RMM Inserts? A6BF44FD-51E1-46D4-94E8-BA25CD544857

OP
OP
hobby-man

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Noticed you are using Hasport RMM.

How you like it?
It is AWESOME! I bought it used with like 3k on it so I can't comment on initial feel vs. break-in. But NVH is mostly unnoticeable and the car feels way more connected. On a scale of 1 (OEM) to 10 (track use only) I'd rate:

Cold start: 4
Warm idle: 1
Warm idle with AC on: 2
1st gear/take off: 3/4
Reverse: 2
Driving: 1

100% daily-able.
Sponsored