mixy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
So I replaced my rear speakers today and somehow managed to get this piece of trim off without this clip coming out. Not sure how to get it out without breaking anything. Does anybody know the best way?

Honda Civic 10th gen Replaced rear speakers, can't get these clips out IMG_20210429_211457
Sponsored

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i would assume the green clip would pop out of the metalwork just like the one below it did.. I would personally go under it with a trim removal tool and pry it out. id verify the back side of the trim panel itself to see if you can find another piece thats the same as that one and see how it works, plastic clips like these routinely get left behind in the removal process and i always check to see if any got left behind with every panel i remove.

OP
OP
mixy

mixy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
i would assume the green clip would pop out of the metalwork just like the one below it did.. I would personally go under it with a trim removal tool and pry it out. id verify the back side of the trim panel itself to see if you can find another piece thats the same as that one and see how it works, plastic clips like these routinely get left behind in the removal process and i always check to see if any got left behind with every panel i remove.
I figured it out. Found out that this specific clip is single use (supposedly you can reset it after getting it out, but I would rather just replace it). I ordered them from a dealer for like $4.30 each and got one for each side. When it's like that you have to hit it with a hammer to get the notches through the green plastic, then you can just pull it out.

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh wow, that's quite different than what I'm used to doing... sounds to me someone at Honda listened to Jeremy Clarkson on vehicle repair lol
Sponsored