Remus valve controle without the installed electronic valve system.

Xaya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8 Type R Aegean Blue
Country flag
Hello,

Quick question.
I'm planning on buying the remus catback for my FK8.
Can i open the valve while installing. Or is it open by default? I dont want to install the valve control system because i had problems on previous cars with electronic controlled valves.

Thx alot in advance!
Sponsored

ManEatingPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Don't remember what position it is set by default, it might be fully open. If I remember correctly though, there is a plate where you would mount the valve controller that holds it either open or closed and you can choose which position you want while installing.

I've had the remus exhaust with the valve controller for about a year now and the valve controller seems to be holding up fine. However, if you are okay with keeping the valve wide open all the time, I wouldn't recommend the controller given the price.

OP
OP
Xaya

Xaya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Don't remember what position it is set by default, it might be fully open. If I remember correctly though, there is a plate where you would mount the valve controller that holds it either open or closed and you can choose which position you want while installing.

I've had the remus exhaust with the valve controller for about a year now and the valve controller seems to be holding up fine. However, if you are okay with keeping the valve wide open all the time, I wouldn't recommend the controller given the price.
Thx for the information!

How do you like the sound? Do you have it with or without downpipe?

ManEatingPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I don't currently have a downpipe, but its on the list. The sound is what you expect from all the sound clips found on youtube. I don't believe there is an exhaust out there that doesn't have any drone but its minimal for this exhaust but it also depends on your tolerance for drone.

One thing I would suggest is see if anyone in your area is running the remus exhaust and other exhaust systems as well and hear it in person. Youtube videos generally capture the sound profile but its hard to tell how loud it actually is. if you are going to skip the sound controller and run it open all the time, it might be helpful to get an understanding of how loud it is.

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
Without the controller, the valve will flap around. You'll need to secure it in place.

sean465

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White Civic Type R FK8 R-03927
Country flag
Yep not sure why they sell it separately, flaps around without it. One chap on here cable tied it!

I think the Remus sounds great, I have it on loud 99% of the time but close it on early morning as I am a great neighbour ha

OP
OP
Xaya

Xaya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't currently have a downpipe, but its on the list. The sound is what you expect from all the sound clips found on youtube. I don't believe there is an exhaust out there that doesn't have any drone but its minimal for this exhaust but it also depends on your tolerance for drone.

One thing I would suggest is see if anyone in your area is running the remus exhaust and other exhaust systems as well and hear it in person. Youtube videos generally capture the sound profile but its hard to tell how loud it actually is. if you are going to skip the sound controller and run it open all the time, it might be helpful to get an understanding of how loud it is.
Thx for the extra information. I have a couple of Type R's in the area but none of them have a Remus exhaust.

Would you say its really loud? I heard its fairly quit when you dont floor it.

OP
OP
Xaya

Xaya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yep not sure why they sell it separately, flaps around without it. One chap on here cable tied it!

I think the Remus sounds great, I have it on loud 99% of the time but close it on early morning as I am a great neighbour ha
Yea i saw that one. thinking about doing the same thing but with an stainless ziptie.... Wonder if its holds.

nick_takov

First Name
Nikola
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R R-21190
Country flag
Thx for the extra information. I have a couple of Type R's in the area but none of them have a Remus exhaust.

With catless downpipe at 100% open it is as loud as it can get lol It is straight from turbo back and out of the exhaust :headbang: Cruising around even with the 100% open if staying out of boost is not that loud at all. And with it closed all the way sounds pretty much like stock in side the cabin, im cattles and it still super quiet without drone (i mean a little drone but you cruising at highway speeds above 3k rpm so it has to drone a bit).

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
With catless downpipe at 100% open it is as loud as it can get lol It is straight from turbo back and out of the exhaust :headbang: Cruising around even with the 100% open if staying out of boost is not that loud at all. And with it closed all the way sounds pretty much like stock in side the cabin, im cattles and it still super quiet without drone (i mean a little drone but you cruising at highway speeds above 3k rpm so it has to drone a bit).
All echo this. Even with a high-flow catted downpipe, it is loud as hell with the baffle open and muted with the baffle closed.

ManEatingPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag

I wouldn't say it is really loud, but people will notice you if the looks of the car didn't do that already. I have the sound controller so if I ever want to quiet down its an option for me but I still keep it fully open majority of the time.

OP
OP
Xaya

Xaya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Don't plan on going catless. Main reason why i choose this exhaust apart from the noise is the fact i live in th EU and we have strict laws around modifing a car. Every year we have to go to a inspection. The Remus without the downpipe is ECE approved.

All echo this. Even with a high-flow catted downpipe, it is loud as hell with the baffle open and muted with the baffle closed.
When i researched the exhaust i noticed it's just straight pipe when you open the valve.

I wouldn't say it is really loud, but people will notice you if the looks of the car didn't do that already. I have the sound controller so if I ever want to quiet down its an option for me but I still keep it fully open majority of the time.
Thats the reason i want a different exhaust. The stock sound doesn't match the looks of the car. Its way to sedated.

goodvibes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R CBP
Country flag
I have the Remus with stock downpipe and front pipe. The sound is great and not too loud when is fully open. I do have a friend that has the same remus exhaust but with a PRL downpipe and front pipe and that thing is crazy loud when is fully open valve.

OP
OP
Xaya

Xaya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have the Remus with stock downpipe and front pipe. The sound is great and not too loud when is fully open. I do have a friend that has the same remus exhaust but with a PRL downpipe and front pipe and that thing is crazy loud when is fully open valve.
Thx. Would you say it bugs your neighbours in the morning?
Sponsored