Fk8tjt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda type r 2018
Country flag
Hey guys, I got the remus exhaust finally! :D will be installing it Tomorrow. I am wondering on if anyone knows how to open the valve up manually without controller. I dont want to snap anything ;). I kinda figured maybe push the little pin with screw driver but idk. Thanks in advance:)

Honda Civic 10th gen Remus valve adjust manually/ review 20190115_180325

Honda Civic 10th gen Remus valve adjust manually/ review 1547603799807174241737414217545

Honda Civic 10th gen Remus valve adjust manually/ review 15476038171522141177654804796065

Honda Civic 10th gen Remus valve adjust manually/ review 15476038329405100128032887058467

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
Hey guys, I got the remus exhaust finally! :D will be installing it Tomorrow. I am wondering on if anyone knows how to open the valve up manually without controller. I dont want to snap anything ;). I kinda figured maybe push the little pin with screw driver but idk. Thanks in advance:)

20190115_180325.jpg

1547603799807174241737414217545.jpg

15476038171522141177654804796065.jpg

15476038329405100128032887058467.jpg
Those welds... I know a lot of people here are swimming in cash. You prob need a servo controlled motor. I’ve not seen it before and honestly I’d prob just swap to boost controlled valve. Simple works better sometimes.

elmerzasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Remove plate, cut the welds, weld the collar in desired position, reinstall plate. Without welding it will rattle.

OP
OP

Fk8tjt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda type r 2018
Country flag
Also will be doing a
Remove plate, cut the welds, weld the collar in desired position, reinstall plate. Without welding it will rattle.
Yea you are rite. It definitely has to be secured in the desired position. After installing it I had it opened. Then after a drive home it shut by itself. I'm going to try to tie it in place, instead of welding it at the moment. I dont want to have to take it off. I'll be doing a review/ update about it shortly.

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Wait - why are you opening the electronic valve system?

If you're having problems with it closing on its own, make sure you don't have the OBD II module plugged in and set to automatic mode (where it changes valve setting based on RPM), then open up the app on your phone and adjust the valve settings from there.

Better yet, call @REMUS USA - I'm pretty sure these things have a decent warranty.

zsak

First Name
Tej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Turbo S2000, 2014 SRT Jeep Grand Cherokee , 1998 Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
pretty sure he doesn't have the controller, hence the question to do it manually :)

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Wait - why are you opening the electronic valve system?

If you're having problems with it closing on its own, make sure you don't have the OBD II module plugged in and set to automatic mode (where it changes valve setting based on RPM), then open up the app on your phone and adjust the valve settings from there.

Better yet, call @REMUS USA - I'm pretty sure these things have a decent warranty.
They didn't purchase the addon electronic valve module

Edit: zsak must have sent that at the same time as me or as I was typing my reponse

Last edited:

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
pretty sure he doesn't have the controller, hence the question to do it manually :)
They didn't purchase the addon electronic valve module

Edit: zsak must have sent that at the same time as me or as I was typing my reponse
AHHH my bad. I see.

OP - In my opinion, the electronic module is worth the $ (especially if cops are a concern such as in California)

OP
OP

Fk8tjt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda type r 2018
Country flag
OP - In my opinion, the electronic module is worth the $ (especially if cops are a concern such as in California)[/QUOTE]
Eh I'm in Rhode island. Its not that big of a deal over here. It's pretty loud with the valve opened but it's only loud if you are flooring it. During normal driving it is very refined. When I say refined it has a good amount of tone to it without stepping on the gas. I managed to ziptie the valve open. Its holding pretty well. I might have to replace it for a metal zip tie.. 500ish dollars for the blue tooth actuator was a bit too much for me. I might get it later down the road. I'm going to see if I get pulled over first;). I drove through a parking garage earlier and wow it was very fun. This exhaust really woke the car up. I want to say it is the best sounding for the type r at the moment. Not saying it is the best one to get overall but just best sounding. For the price without the bluetooth controller it's not too bad but the carbon fiber tips are like 900 dollars.. this can really add up.. I understand some people have alot of money to spend. maybe there can be some more options. Since they have an option to purchase without bluetooth actuator, Maybe an option to purchase without valve. Not everyone is getting this exhaust for the bluetooth functionality of the valve but for the sound. Also perhaps a titanium option could be interesting..
so overall I will give it a 10/10 for sound. A 5/10 for quality; the welds didn't look too pretty, and having to ziptie the valve open..
Customer service I would say 7/10. I really wanted to say 10/10 because he was very helpful and always responded to my questions very quickly also pretty fast shipping. About 5 or 6 days from west coast to east Coast.. although the reason I say 7/10 is because I was under the impression that I could just turn the valve open manually and it would stay open... I didnt think I would have to ziptie or weld it open/shut, which was a bit disappointing.
It was packaged very well
Installing took about 45 minutes. The fitment was top notch. If I was to buy again I definitely would.
[7.33/10*] :D

OP
OP

Fk8tjt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda type r 2018
Country flag
Plastic ziptie for now. I will replace it with metal one when I goto garage.

Honda Civic 10th gen Remus valve adjust manually/ review 20190116_134250

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
OP - In my opinion, the electronic module is worth the $ (especially if cops are a concern such as in California)
Eh I'm in Rhode island. Its not that big of a deal over here. It's pretty loud with the valve opened but it's only loud if you are flooring it. During normal driving it is very refined. When I say refined it has a good amount of tone to it without stepping on the gas. I managed to ziptie the valve open. Its holding pretty well. I might have to replace it for a metal zip tie.. 500ish dollars for the blue tooth actuator was a bit too much for me. I might get it later down the road. I'm going to see if I get pulled over first;). I drove through a parking garage earlier and wow it was very fun. This exhaust really woke the car up. I want to say it is the best sounding for the type r at the moment. Not saying it is the best one to get overall but just best sounding. For the price without the bluetooth controller it's not too bad but the carbon fiber tips are like 900 dollars.. this can really add up.. I understand some people have alot of money to spend. maybe there can be some more options. Since they have an option to purchase without bluetooth actuator, Maybe an option to purchase without valve. Not everyone is getting this exhaust for the bluetooth functionality of the valve but for the sound. Also perhaps a titanium option could be interesting..
so overall I will give it a 10/10 for sound. A 5/10 for quality; the welds didn't look too pretty, and having to ziptie the valve open..
Customer service I would say 7/10. I really wanted to say 10/10 because he was very helpful and always responded to my questions very quickly also pretty fast shipping. About 5 or 6 days from west coast to east Coast.. although the reason I say 7/10 is because I was under the impression that I could just turn the valve open manually and it would stay open... I didnt think I would have to ziptie or weld it open/shut, which was a bit disappointing.
It was packaged very well
Installing took about 45 minutes. The fitment was top notch. If I was to buy again I definitely would.
[7.33/10*] :D[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear you're liking the sound. I agree on driving through parking garages and tunnels = instant smiles lol. I also agree that with it wide open, inside the cabin its not obnoxiously loud unless you floor it. They did a good job of finding the right balance.

I hear you on the cost thing. I actually opted for the cheaper stainless steel tips although I wanted the carbon tips but I couldn't justify the $900 price tag either. Like you said, if you want to upgrade to the BT you can do it later!

I'm surprised the manual valve is giving you this kind of problem. Did Mike at Remus say anything about how other customer's keep the valve open? I would think zip tie is not the way they intended it work.

OP
OP

Fk8tjt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda type r 2018
Country flag
Glad to hear you're liking the sound. I agree on driving through parking garages and tunnels = instant smiles lol. I also agree that with it wide open, inside the cabin its not obnoxiously loud unless you floor it. They did a good job of finding the right balance.

I hear you on the cost thing. I actually opted for the cheaper stainless steel tips although I wanted the carbon tips but I couldn't justify the $900 price tag either. Like you said, if you want to upgrade to the BT you can do it later!

I'm surprised the manual valve is giving you this kind of problem. Did Mike at Remus say anything about how other customer's keep the valve open? I would think zip tie is not the way they intended it work.
I think he helped me out to the best of his ability. He said to remove the plate and I will have access to adjusting the valve. Also he said that it was intended to be used with the bluetooth actuator.
The zip tie holding it open isn't that big of a deal, but If there was a little notch or something to lock the valve in place that would be nice.
Definitely cant beat the sound though! :D

sean465

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White Civic Type R FK8 R-03927
Country flag
I am surprised the valve won't stay fixed at the position you put it. I was at a trade show last weekend, Remus stand, chap told me you could move it with a long screw driver via the middle pipe and it would stick where you left it...!? Reason they sell it separately from controller....wonder if he was BS'in me....
Sponsored