Paulinho

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r fk8 2019
Country flag
Hi, first post here so please be gentle with me :)
Well, about 5 months ago with the help of this forum i decided to buy the Remus full exhaust with sound controller for my FK8, i was extremely pleased with it and everything working perfect...
About 1 month ago i tried to use the app to control the valve opening and the app doesnt "sees" the sound controller.
I can control open or close the valve using the button but not with the remus app like before. i tried with 4 different phones without any success, also tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling and nothing.
I bought direcly from remus website in Austria, and here is when things started to go wrong. I mailed them and they started to try and help me, i even send them a video showing the problem. Then suddenly they just doesn´t answer my emails, tried with another email account that i had, and same result… silence from them.
I know that i can use the button for valve control but i spent around 2500 euros for a fully working system. also note that the obd2 dongle is in place.

Please someone can help me cause i dont know what to do next.

Thanks guys and sorry for the bad english cause i am portuguese
Sponsored

Last edited:

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Is the sound controller BT or Wifi? If it's BT delete the sound controller from your device using the BT menu in the settings. Then delete the app again and start from scratch. If there is a way to reset the sound controller (on the exhaust) that has the wireless module back to factory default, it may be useful to do that as well.

OP
OP

Paulinho

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r fk8 2019
Country flag
Thanks for replying so quickly man! :) the protocol is BT
i already done that, i have done the reset of the sound controller by removing the power for 10 hours and no way to make the app talk with the sound controller.
My phone and all the others that i tried, sees a "SC3837F7" BT device, but when i open the app it says "No devices found"

Looks like the soundcontroller that is in the trunk lost the app capability

OP
OP

Paulinho

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r fk8 2019
Country flag
Any ideas in what can be done to get the attention of REMUS about this ?
The system is about 4 or 5 months old and should have some kind of warranty...

alvav

First Name
Leonidas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2019 Acura NSX
Is it possible that the lack of communication is covid related? Maybe they had to temporarily shut down? The fact that you tried with another email address with the same result makes me think this.

OP
OP

Paulinho

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r fk8 2019
Country flag
Is it possible that the lack of communication is covid related? Maybe they had to temporarily shut down? The fact that you tried with another email address with the same result makes me think this.
thanks for replying...
I don´t know but i think that if it was that case, they should´ve put some information in their website.
I have a small business ( kindergarden) here in Portugal and i was forced to close doors. But i still answer emails that some worried parents send me.

Last edited:

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I can't speak for Portugal, but Michael at @REMUS USA is our rep here in the US. Maybe he can offer a suggestion?

OP
OP

Paulinho

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r fk8 2019
Country flag
I would love that... i think that i just live in a small country that have no big sales and that´s the problem. .... i can show emails and a video that were sent for Remus Austria.
I am 45 years old and always bought Remus and Devil exhausts when i was a kid, I am a lot disappointed with them. With their 12 million sound chamber i think that´s way better to use a little money to stand for warranty

Just for info:

One of special versions of the type r is a portuguese Tiago Monteiro fk8, that incorporates from factory a Remus exhaust and some other mods . just 18 units made
https://www.turbo.pt/honda-civic-type-r-tiago-monteiro/

Last edited:

JSmoothBui

Jims_CTR
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R - 16626 - Championship White
Country flag
Thanks for replying so quickly man! :) the protocol is BT
i already done that, i have done the reset of the sound controller by removing the power for 10 hours and no way to make the app talk with the sound controller.
My phone and all the others that i tried, sees a "SC3837F7" BT device, but when i open the app it says "No devices found"

Looks like the soundcontroller that is in the trunk lost the app capability
have you tried opening the sound controller box and reconnecting the BT by pressing/holding the button in it with the sound controller button next to it?

OP
OP

Paulinho

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r fk8 2019
Country flag
Already done the reset and same result. The button its correctly paired withe sound controller box.
Strange cause the box comunicates with the obd2 dongle and the button . But not with the phone app

JSmoothBui

Jims_CTR
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R - 16626 - Championship White
Country flag
Already done the reset and same result. The button its correctly paired withe sound controller box.
Strange cause the box comunicates with the obd2 dongle and the button . But not with the phone app
Are you trying to use both the button and bt app at the same time?

REMUS USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Country flag
@Paulinho Sorry to hear you are dealing with that. I am sure you are aware the factory had shut down due to Covid and they have a skeleton crew there that is handling all inquiries. Could be the reason for the delay in getting back to you.

We are the US importer for REMUS so I cannot do anything warranty related for you but I can be sure to pass along your info to the proper folks there and have someone contact you directly. Do you have an Android or Apple?

I am assuming that you have paired the OBDII plug with the sound controller again after removing it from power supply for 10 hours? If not you will need to pair the control box again with the OBDII plug. Please refer to page 24 in the booklet under the Troubleshooting section.

Please DM me you email address as well and I will pass along your info to someone to contact you.

OP
OP

Paulinho

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r fk8 2019
Country flag
Hi... thanks for the reply. Yes i paired the obd2 plug with the soundcontrol ecu. i see 3 green lights in the opened ecu. I am going to send you the email via PM

OP
OP

Paulinho

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r fk8 2019
Country flag
.... by the way its android
Sponsored