Remus exhaust

sean465

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White Civic Type R FK8 R-03927
Country flag
Wow, that was a lot of 'exhaust' OP!!!! ;)

Very happy with mine, but With a downpipe do you get any pops or crackles? You seem to on the miltek non res...
Sponsored

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Having the resonator wouldn't impact that I don't believe, depending on placement, it would just tone down the overall which it feels like what you want. Good luck let us know if you get it sorted / livable!
Agreed. I’ll look into it for sure!

REMUS USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Country flag
@davemarco Thank you for your honest feedback Dave. That is extremely helpful info for those considering the DP. With a catless DP and our full system it is literally a straight pipe all the way back to the rear REMUS silencer. With the valve open it is a straight pipe all the way through the REMUS rear silencer. It can be a bit much for sure and something for those considering to think about. Appreciate the support and feedback. Take care.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
@davemarco Thank you for your honest feedback Dave. That is extremely helpful info for those considering the DP. With a catless DP and our full system it is literally a straight pipe all the way back to the rear REMUS silencer. With the valve open it is a straight pipe all the way through the REMUS rear silencer. It can be a bit much for sure and something for those considering to think about. Appreciate the support and feedback. Take care.
You bet. Remus has some of the best customer service around. Thanks for all of your work supporting the platform!

REMUS USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Country flag
@potmilkz We have had some feedback from owners that have catless DP's installed where the valve has come off of it's axis and no longer functions with the remote controller. We have taken care of those for the customers no questions asked. To my knowledge there has not been any issues with a stock DP or 200 cell high flow racing cat. Appears to be mostly with the catless DP's. I will be speaking with reps from the factory next week and will be addressing this with them at that time. I should have some feedback for you after that time.

In the meantime just enjoy the system as you normally would. I don't want to put restrictions on customers and have them have to think about whether they should do something or not. Just do as you normally would and have fun with it. If there is an issue we will stand behind the product and replace the system if it comes down to it so no worries there.

I think an easy solution would be to make the middle exit pipe with the valve removable so if there were ever an issue with it you can just remove that piece and swap it out as opposed to having to swap out the entire rear section. Here is a pic of what I am talking about as we already do so for other systems so something I think the factory will consider if there is enough demand to do so.

I'll keep you posted but keep doing what you are doing in the meantime. Thank you for your support!!

Honda Civic 10th gen Remus exhaust 4AVF7Nw

R MOD3

First Name
ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FK8
Country flag
Love my Remus exhaust.Its perfection? Growl when you want it to and quiet when you want it to. Hopefully never have the valve problem but hopefully there’s more of a permanent fix by then if it ever fails.

@REMUS USA can you guys make the app compatible with Apple play? Would be cool to integrate it to the car this way. Change settings from the audio unit.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Anyone with a Remus in Houston I could get a listen to?

veehexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK2R
Country flag
I've had the Remus on my FK2 since it came available in the UK - 3.5-4 years now. daily driver plus trackday every few months and it's not missed a beat. Valved is definately the way to go as i'd never be happy with any single one position closed is too quiet, full open would be a headache on the longer journeys.

REMUS USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Country flag
@R MOD3 @veehexx Just wanted to thank you guys for your support and purchases. We would not exist without our customers and we realize that and are very appreciative of the fact. Without our customers we are out of business.

Regarding Apple Play, that is something i would need to approach R+D about. That is a bit above my pay grade so will need some technical expertise on that one. Let me reach out to see what I can come up with and will report back with updates once I hear. Talk to you soon.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
@R MOD3 @veehexx Just wanted to thank you guys for your support and purchases. We would not exist without our customers and we realize that and are very appreciative of the fact. Without our customers we are out of business.

Regarding Apple Play, that is something i would need to approach R+D about. That is a bit above my pay grade so will need some technical expertise on that one. Let me reach out to see what I can come up with and will report back with updates once I hear. Talk to you soon.
One thing to consider with Apple CarPlay is that Apple has very strict guidelines regarding what can and can't be a CarPlay app.

remusrm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic LX 6spd
Country flag
Well I’ve had the Remus exhaust for a little over two months now. I can’t say any negative things about this exhaust as it was delivered in the proper way while the quality of the exhaust it is top notch. Remus has been making exhausts for a very long time and really hit the nail right on the head with this exhaust. When I received my exhaust it was expertly packaged with proper molded styrofoam pieces so that the pieces of the exhaust did not bang into each other or get damaged by the delivery company. I was really amazed by the quality of the finish of the exhaust. I’m not going to act like some type of metal guy, I don’t know the exact metals used nor do I care it just seems top notch quality. My love affair started with the exhaust when it was first released. I have watched it at least 100 times on YouTube and if I’m not mistaken they were one of the first exhausts for the FK8 and just that sound got me hooked. Unfortunately I did not have the money to purchase this exhaust when I first began looking for a new exhaust. Ultimately I had to go a cheaper route and it was not nearly as good as this exhaust. The other exhaust had so much drone much like many other aftermarket exhausts currently in the market. However, the Remus exhaust has little to no drone. Even with the valve wide open I am able to have a conversation while driving on the highway. The adjustability of the valve going from closed to fully open and in between settings is just phenomenal. When I’m driving with my girlfriend and she doesn’t want to hear the sound from an exhaust or when I want to drive quietly I can easily just close the valve. However, when alone I usually drive with it open all the time because I love the sound. I highly recommend you get the Remus front pipe as well because no other after market front pipe will work with the exhaust. I had a PRL front pipe that I was able to sell rather easily before purchasing the Remus front pipe. After purchasing the Remus front pipe I went ahead and installed both the exhaust and the front pipe. I cannot tell you that I am disappointed that the Remus exhaust and front pipe is a whole system. It fits perfectly, looks amazing, is very easy to install, and has very strong and durable clamps. The valve is controlled by some type of Bluetooth device that comes with the exhaust. You merely run a splice tap wire off of the red wire for the trunk light which is super easy and run a ground. Then you keep the Bluetooth transmitter in the trunk and it works perfectly without failure. I went with the carbon insert tips due to pricing and I cannot say I am disappointed with those either. Due to the quality build the fitment of the exhaust it extremely precise and fits exactly up where the cut out for the exhaust is on the FK8. My old after market exhaust had horrible fitment and touched in a few locations which only increased the drone and the vibration. When using my prior exhaust, when you stepped on the gas you could hear it underneath the car, however, with Remus's exhaust it’s almost as if the sound is projected behind the car. Remus's exhaust has not let me down in any way, shape, or form. When it is fully open you’re able to hear the turbo whistle through the Remus exhaust if you have a catless downpipe. When it comes to Remus's front pipe and their full exhaust I have zero complaints. It was super easy to install, has great adjustability, and quality fitment. Knowing what I know now I wish I would have just saved my money from the start in order to purchase this front pipe and full exhaust. If you have any questions feel free to message me on Instagram @eastcoastfk8s

Stop saying my name in vain!

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Ive personally decided to go Remus. I appreciate the feedback you guys provide on these forums.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag

You guys should add in a drop in / drop out resonator so that people could run different levels on the street and the track. When people start modding, it feels like the exhaust gets too extreme. Maybe shoot for a balance as an option since most seem to modify their cars. Some sort of free flowing resonator that would be an easy swap with a little straight bit would be ideal.

Just an idea, neat exhaust / product.
Sponsored