@eastcoastfk8s
First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic type r
Country flag
Well I’ve had the Remus exhaust for a little over two months now. I can’t say any negative things about this exhaust as it was delivered in the proper way while the quality of the exhaust it is top notch. Remus has been making exhausts for a very long time and really hit the nail right on the head with this exhaust. When I received my exhaust it was expertly packaged with proper molded styrofoam pieces so that the pieces of the exhaust did not bang into each other or get damaged by the delivery company. I was really amazed by the quality of the finish of the exhaust. I’m not going to act like some type of metal guy, I don’t know the exact metals used nor do I care it just seems top notch quality. My love affair started with the exhaust when it was first released. I have watched it at least 100 times on YouTube and if I’m not mistaken they were one of the first exhausts for the FK8 and just that sound got me hooked. Unfortunately I did not have the money to purchase this exhaust when I first began looking for a new exhaust. Ultimately I had to go a cheaper route and it was not nearly as good as this exhaust. The other exhaust had so much drone much like many other aftermarket exhausts currently in the market. However, the Remus exhaust has little to no drone. Even with the valve wide open I am able to have a conversation while driving on the highway. The adjustability of the valve going from closed to fully open and in between settings is just phenomenal. When I’m driving with my girlfriend and she doesn’t want to hear the sound from an exhaust or when I want to drive quietly I can easily just close the valve. However, when alone I usually drive with it open all the time because I love the sound. I highly recommend you get the Remus front pipe as well because no other after market front pipe will work with the exhaust. I had a PRL front pipe that I was able to sell rather easily before purchasing the Remus front pipe. After purchasing the Remus front pipe I went ahead and installed both the exhaust and the front pipe. I cannot tell you that I am disappointed that the Remus exhaust and front pipe is a whole system. It fits perfectly, looks amazing, is very easy to install, and has very strong and durable clamps. The valve is controlled by some type of Bluetooth device that comes with the exhaust. You merely run a splice tap wire off of the red wire for the trunk light which is super easy and run a ground. Then you keep the Bluetooth transmitter in the trunk and it works perfectly without failure. I went with the carbon insert tips due to pricing and I cannot say I am disappointed with those either. Due to the quality build the fitment of the exhaust it extremely precise and fits exactly up where the cut out for the exhaust is on the FK8. My old after market exhaust had horrible fitment and touched in a few locations which only increased the drone and the vibration. When using my prior exhaust, when you stepped on the gas you could hear it underneath the car, however, with Remus's exhaust it’s almost as if the sound is projected behind the car. Remus's exhaust has not let me down in any way, shape, or form. When it is fully open you’re able to hear the turbo whistle through the Remus exhaust if you have a catless downpipe. When it comes to Remus's front pipe and their full exhaust I have zero complaints. It was super easy to install, has great adjustability, and quality fitment. Knowing what I know now I wish I would have just saved my money from the start in order to purchase this front pipe and full exhaust. If you have any questions feel free to message me on Instagram @eastcoastfk8s
Sponsored

alvav

First Name
Leonidas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2019 Acura NSX
This is the first exhaust whose sound I like. Love the adjustability as well. The only thing that puts me off a bit is the bulky look. But it's probably not really visible. Any pics?

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Is your car stock otherwise? (lol doubtful based on how it looks) just curious as I was seeing what Remus was like on an otherwise stock vehicle. Thanks for the write up and your car looks awesome!

OP
OP
jersey2zero1

jersey2zero1

@eastcoastfk8s
First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic type r
Country flag
Is your car stock otherwise? (lol doubtful based on how it looks) just curious as I was seeing what Remus was like on an otherwise stock vehicle. Thanks for the write up and your car looks awesome!
Thanks man I would say I’m moderately modified you can follow my build on Instagram or fb @eastcoastfk8s

OP
OP
jersey2zero1

jersey2zero1

@eastcoastfk8s
First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic type r
Country flag
Thanks man I would say I’m moderately modified you can follow my build on Instagram or fb @eastcoastfk8s

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
For anyone who's planning on using the Remus with an aftermarket DP, I highly recommend finding someone who has the combo to give it a listen before buying. Swapping out the stock cat will dramatically change the volume and sound character, so make sure that you know what you're getting into before hand.

alvav

First Name
Leonidas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2019 Acura NSX
For anyone who's planning on using the Remus with an aftermarket DP, I highly recommend finding someone who has the combo to give it a listen before buying. Swapping out the stock cat will dramatically change the volume and sound character, so make sure that you know what you're getting into before hand.
Thumbs up or down?

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thumbs up or down?
I, personally, just wanted something similar to the sport++ setting on the Veloster N that I drove recently: growly and aggressive, but also somewhat tame on volume. With the Remus and my stock DP, I could achieve that by opening the baffle 30-50%, with the occasional 100% when I felt like racing around. I switched to an aftermarket Catted DP, and the volume increased several times over. 20% opening now sounds like 100% was before, with a moderate increase in buzzy rasp to boot. To me, 100% now sounds basically like a straight pipe. It's raw, unbridled rasp belted through a megaphone on back of your car. Some might love it, but it's a bit too far away from what I was personally going for. I now run at 0-10% open at all times, which is a bit of a bummer for me.

REMUS USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Country flag
@jersey2zero1 Thank you for your thoughtful and detailed review of the full REMUS cat back. Much appreciated and hope you are enjoying the system. Digging the wrap as well. We appreciate the support and we could not do it without all of our customers. You guys rock!!!

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I, personally, just wanted something similar to the sport++ setting on the Veloster N that I drove recently: growly and aggressive, but also somewhat tame on volume. With the Remus and my stock DP, I could achieve that by opening the baffle 30-50%, with the occasional 100% when I felt like racing around. I switched to an aftermarket Catted DP, and the volume increased several times over. 20% opening now sounds like 100% was before, with a moderate increase in buzzy rasp to boot. To me, 100% now sounds basically like a straight pipe. It's raw, unbridled rasp belted through a megaphone on back of your car. Some might love it, but it's a bit too far away from what I was personally going for. I now run at 0-10% open at all times, which is a bit of a bummer for me.
What about adding a resonator before the mufflers on your setup? Might be worth a shot to calm things down a touch

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What about adding a resonator before the mufflers on your setup? Might be worth a shot to calm things down a touch
I've been considering doing just that. I love the adjustable valve, and would rather not lose that ability. The fit and finish of the exhaust is top notch and I really like the look of my carbon tips.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've been considering doing just that. I love the adjustable valve, and would rather not lose that ability. The fit and finish of the exhaust is top notch and I really like the look of my carbon tips.
Having the resonator wouldn't impact that I don't believe, depending on placement, it would just tone down the overall which it feels like what you want. Good luck let us know if you get it sorted / livable!
Sponsored