Lockwood43

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic type r
Country flag
Does anyone have experience with either or both of these exhaust systems? I can’t make up my mind on which to get.
Sponsored

Eugene_Fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic Type R FK8, 2018 RX350 base
Country flag
My friend had a remus before, the valve motor died around 4000 miles. So, he changed to other exhaust even since. Not sure about Armytrix, but experience tells me, as long as you get the electronic valve system, it dies within 6000 miles or less.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
FWIW, the valve on my Remus has been going strong for about 10K miles now

nick_takov

First Name
Nikola
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R R-21190
Country flag
My remus exhaust valve has been working flawlessly for past 3k miles or about 3 months without hiccups (knock on the wood) . And I do play with it and change it multiple times a day .

OP
OP

Lockwood43

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic type r
Country flag
My remus exhaust valve has been working flawlessly for past 3k miles or about 3 months without hiccups (knock on the wood) . And I do play with it and change it multiple times a day .
I’m not sure how to word this but Is the real life sound the same as in videos?

nick_takov

First Name
Nikola
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R R-21190
Country flag
Well sounds gnarly with valve open 100% , im running PRL catless downpipe, it is much much louder open at 100% even catches me off guard sometimes. Problem with it being to loud is that camera can not catch and reproduce it well in the video. It is on raspier side but I personally like raspy exhaust sound. Its more of european sound. With valve shut at 0% is really not much louder than stock exhaust even with catless downpipe. And best part about it there is no drone what so ever even with it open and cruising on the highway, if you out of boost it is pretty tame and quiet. It sounds better in real life than on video, but again it is what I prefer and was expecting from this exhaust. So to answer you question yes and no, most videos that I found on YT does not sound like in real life, kinda like that but much much louder

No Slack

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I recently purchased the Armytrix. I couldn’t be happier. The first thing I noticed was it definitely sounded different than the YouTube clips I was listening too. It’s a lot deeper. It also sound stock inside the car with the valve closed.

nick_takov

First Name
Nikola
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R R-21190
Country flag
I recently purchased the Armytrix. I couldn’t be happier. The first thing I noticed was it definitely sounded different than the YouTube clips I was listening too. It’s a lot deeper. It also sound stock inside the car with the valve closed.
Are you running catless or stock downpipe?

zeppelin2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Something to consider is that the Armytrix has two settings (full open/closed) whereas the Remus can be controlled in 10% increments.

No Slack

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Are you running catless or stock downpipe?
Stock downpipe for now. But I will be upgrading soon. Without a downpipe it’s actually a lot quieter than I expected with the valve open. It’s got a great sound to it though.

nick_takov

First Name
Nikola
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R R-21190
Country flag
Stock downpipe for now. But I will be upgrading soon. Without a downpipe it’s actually a lot quieter than I expected with the valve open. It’s got a great sound to it though.
I was in between these 2 as well, but couldn't find enough on Armytrix and pulled the trigger on the Remus. My buddy had Armytrix on his 981 Cayman GTS and oh boy it was good. I hear a lot of people say that Remus has nicer sound with high flow catted downpipe vs catless. Do you have any videos of it?
Sponsored