Remus Exhaust: Detailed Review

Bodhizefa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR and CBP CR-V
Country flag
Can someone tell me what the difference is between having the Remus front pipe vs not having it? If I add it to my set-up, do I subsequently need a tune (i.e. Hondata)? Does the front pipe make the exhaust louder?

I ask because I got this exhaust installed over the weekend, and while I genuinely enjoy it and think it is much more akin to what I wish the exhaust note had been when I purchased the car, it's not quite as loud as I had hoped even at 100% open baffle. Case in point, my wife rode in the car with me and my 21-month-old son on Sunday and she said she didn't notice a difference. That's great (because she was severely worried about the potential noise), but I also wanted an F-you level of noise for when I am off driving away from the fam. Heck, I had it on 100% open and my kid was clapping and laughing at it from his car seat. All good in the family scheme, but obviously not loud enough to satisfy my need for excessive noise, lol.

Can someone help me make sense of how to potentially make this even louder in the long run? What does the front pipe do, if anything?
Sponsored

jchen597

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 Type R
Country flag
Can someone tell me what the difference is between having the Remus front pipe vs not having it? If I add it to my set-up, do I subsequently need a tune (i.e. Hondata)? Does the front pipe make the exhaust louder?

I ask because I got this exhaust installed over the weekend, and while I genuinely enjoy it and think it is much more akin to what I wish the exhaust note had been when I purchased the car, it's not quite as loud as I had hoped even at 100% open baffle. Case in point, my wife rode in the car with me and my 21-month-old son on Sunday and she said she didn't notice a difference. That's great (because she was severely worried about the potential noise), but I also wanted an F-you level of noise for when I am off driving away from the fam. Heck, I had it on 100% open and my kid was clapping and laughing at it from his car seat. All good in the family scheme, but obviously not loud enough to satisfy my need for excessive noise, lol.

Can someone help me make sense of how to potentially make this even louder in the long run? What does the front pipe do, if anything?
If you listen to it from outside it’s crazy. Doesn’t sound too loud from inside imo. Waiting for front pipe to come in as it was OOS when I ordered but will let you know. I have a catted PRL downpipe as well.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
With an aftermarket downpipe and the baffle 100% open, I find it extremely loud. Get a Catless DP and you'll have all the noise you can handle.

Bodhizefa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR and CBP CR-V
Country flag
Thank you to both who responded to my original post. I spent the last week rolling down the windows and enjoying the music this exhaust performs and coming to an understanding of its abilities.

Originally, I wrestled between the carbon fiber tips and the tips that look like the stock exhaust, and I ended up going for stock-like. The wife put up less of a fuss this way with lower cost, and I like the stock look anyway. All in all, it's a fun exhaust and I am just now starting to understand how to play it. Sidenote: Getting the original exhaust out of the shop was less fun -- picture attached for posterity in my friend's SUV. You guessed correctly if you believed his back door wouldn't close, and we had to move it to over his passenger mirror. Boy is that stock exhaust long.

As for the Remus sound, I find myself rolling the windows down at all times to hear the fun noises. Today I was at a stop light with a Mustang GT beside me and a crotch rocket behind him, and we performed an exhaust symphony for a couple blocks. It was marvelous.

Honda Civic 10th gen Remus Exhaust: Detailed Review IMG_3603
Honda Civic 10th gen Remus Exhaust: Detailed Review IMG_3624

nick_takov

First Name
Nikola
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R R-21190
Country flag
I had my remux exhaust installed last week and oh boy does it sound loud at 100% paired with PRL catless downpipe and front pipe. Only thing we did is we made an adapter to have it 3 inches all the way since I didnt want to use remus adapter. With it closed all the way there is no drone on the highway whatsoever it sounds almost stock. Anyway pretty pricey but probably best money ever spent on car part , I absolutely love it

Honda Civic 10th gen Remus Exhaust: Detailed Review CBE2F6FE-A3EF-4E29-B8C6-DB1EC9C7BBA8

Honda Civic 10th gen Remus Exhaust: Detailed Review 60A6C77F-8002-4A61-906C-1F03B25962CA

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag
So I have a question for other owners. I'm wondering if I'm hearing a rattle, or if it's just the way the exhaust sounds. I only hear it over about 4k rpm under load so it's making boost. Initially I thought it was just a raspy sound to the exhaust, but the other day I realized it makes nearly the same sound with the baffle all the way closed. It also doesn't make this sound if I slowly increase RPM, I really only hear it under boost. It might be perfectly normal, but it's still surprisingly loud with the baffle closed when it hits these conditions, so I'm wondering if it's a rattle somewhere. I didn't check clearance with the exhaust warmed up, but I felt I had plenty of clearance on the initial install. I also have Perrin RMM inserts, so it shouldn't be shifting too much on throttle. Is the loud raspy sound that starts around 4k normal with the baffle closed?

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So I have a question for other owners. I'm wondering if I'm hearing a rattle, or if it's just the way the exhaust sounds. I only hear it over about 4k rpm under load so it's making boost. Initially I thought it was just a raspy sound to the exhaust, but the other day I realized it makes nearly the same sound with the baffle all the way closed. It also doesn't make this sound if I slowly increase RPM, I really only hear it under boost. It might be perfectly normal, but it's still surprisingly loud with the baffle closed when it hits these conditions, so I'm wondering if it's a rattle somewhere. I didn't check clearance with the exhaust warmed up, but I felt I had plenty of clearance on the initial install. I also have Perrin RMM inserts, so it shouldn't be shifting too much on throttle. Is the loud raspy sound that starts around 4k normal with the baffle closed?
I get a semi-metallic buzzing sound from mine under load (like if I step down suddenly). It's most apparent with the baffle closed, quieting the actual exhaust note. No idea where it's coming from, but I would very much like it to go away.

Darkcrow56

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic type r
Country flag
Hey guys just got the remus. I love it. Quick question does anybody know how to induce a pop I'm new to manual and I live the sound that it makes but always seem to do it unintentionally on acceleration. Thanks

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I get a semi-metallic buzzing sound from mine under load (like if I step down suddenly). It's most apparent with the baffle closed, quieting the actual exhaust note. No idea where it's coming from, but I would very much like it to go away.
Any chance you fixed this? I know it's been awhile, but this is still driving me crazy. Exhaust sounds amazing but I still feel like something might be rattling as described, mainly because the exact sound occurs with the valve fully open or fully closed. Next time it's in the air, I'm going to remove the front heat shield entirely and just see if that makes a difference. Also considering removing the DP heat shield since it's missing a screw due to turbo blanket. Only seem to hear this a WOT so hoping it's just something making contact.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Any chance you fixed this? I know it's been awhile, but this is still driving me crazy. Exhaust sounds amazing but I still feel like something might be rattling as described, mainly because the exact sound occurs with the valve fully open or fully closed. Next time it's in the air, I'm going to remove the front heat shield entirely and just see if that makes a difference. Also considering removing the DP heat shield since it's missing a screw due to turbo blanket. Only seem to hear this a WOT so hoping it's just something making contact.
Nope. I agree it's only at high load, and for me happens right around 4,000 RPM consistently. I absolutely hate it

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic hatchback EX
Country flag
Hey guys I'm on the market to buy one of this Remus Exhaust. I want to save some bucks and I was wondering if the stock tips fits the Remus Exhaust?

REMUS USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Country flag
@[B]Dreamers103013[/B] Not sure of the stock diameter but the inlet size for the REMUS tips is 60MM. You may need some sort of adapter if the sizes are different but should have no problems fabricating an adapter if need be.

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nope. I agree it's only at high load, and for me happens right around 4,000 RPM consistently. I absolutely hate it
So to follow up on this, I just got done with another round of upgrades and took a deeper look into the rattling issue and have completely fixed my issue. Several months before installing the exhaust, I installed an RV6 down pipe and front pipe. While reassembling, I found that the metal undertray fit snug against the flex pipe section of the front pipe. I really didn't think much of it at the time and didn't notice any rattles with the stock exhaust. I just chalked it up to being a 3" pipe and figured that was how it was supposed to fit.

After recently reading a thread about front pipe fitment I began to question whether this fitment was correct. So this time while I had the car apart I loosely fit the entire exhaust together before tightening everything down, and took special care to try to tuck the front pipe up as close to the engine as possible. I also tightened everything down before reattaching the brackets at the bottom of the downpipe. When I went to reinstall the metal undertray, I was amazed that not only did it no longer make contact, but I actually have almost a half inch gap now between it and the flex pipe.

Car is back on the road and I'm happy to report that not only did it fix my rattle, but the exhaust sounds absolutely amazing. I'm so glad I was able to find and correct the issue, and hopefully this helps anyone else who made the same mistake that I did.

Honda Civic 10th gen Remus Exhaust: Detailed Review PXL_20210626_033348857
Sponsored