mubassir1840

First Name
Shabaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2017 Range Rover Evoque
Country flag
Just wanted to share this with you guys. I got the adapter. This is how it looks. I will be installing the PRL front pipe in the coming days. Will let you know how the installation looks like with the adapter. IMO the finished product looks clean. Attached pics.
Honda Civic 10th gen Remus Exhaust: Detailed Review 20200508_131704
Honda Civic 10th gen Remus Exhaust: Detailed Review 20200508_131446
Honda Civic 10th gen Remus Exhaust: Detailed Review 20200508_131412

monstarind

Monstar Industries
First Name
Monstar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.monstarind.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R FK8R
Country flag
We have been selling quite few of these and been enjoying the results. We will be installing one on our 20 Si as well.

Cowtyper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
Just wanted to share this with you guys. I got the adapter. This is how it looks. I will be installing the PRL front pipe in the coming days. Will let you know how the installation looks like with the adapter. IMO the finished product looks clean. Attached pics.
20200508_131704.jpg
20200508_131446.jpg
20200508_131412.jpg
Is this the adapter in full 3” to replace the Remus one ?

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag
Finally got my exhaust this week and installed it immediately using the adapter @mubassir1840 posted above (thanks btw!). I'm using this paired with RV6 catted DP and RV6 front pipe.

Overall, the construction quality and fitment were perfect. I was a little disappointed in the packaging, as it just all seemed to be shoved in the box. I'm almost wondering if it was opened in customs or something, as every previous high end exhaust I've ordered has been packed much better. There were a bunch of flat cardboard pieces in the box that looked like they might have assemblied to hold the exhaust, but instead they were just all stacked together. However, nothing seemed to be damaged, outside of the slip joints being a bit bent. I was able to get them bent back though and everything installed without too much trouble.

As for the sound, I'm still kinda on the fence. I had heard it previously, but it's been awhile. It's definitely a much different sound than a typical Honda exhaust, but I wish it made a little more noise when just cruising. My main reason for going with this setup was the ability to adjust on the fly and I am really enjoying that part. Just cruising around under 3-4k RPM, all the settings are pretty quiet. With it wide open, above 4k with heavy throttle it's completely ridiculous. I've found the 30% setting to be pretty reasonable, but it's still so quiet unless I wring it out a bit.

For those that have had theirs installed for awhile, should I expect the sound to change a bit as it gets broken in, with regards to either volume or tone? Should I layer the hatch floor with sound deadening to improve the sound, or will this just tone it down some?

I really want to LOVE this exhaust, especially considering the price, but I'm just kinda 'meh' with it so far. I do like being able to adjust it on the fly though, and other than Armytrix I believe this is the only option that offers that feature.

CW20038TypeR

First Name
Franklin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW type r 2018
Country flag
Finally got my exhaust this week and installed it immediately using the adapter @mubassir1840 posted above (thanks btw!). I'm using this paired with RV6 catted DP and RV6 front pipe.

Overall, the construction quality and fitment were perfect. I was a little disappointed in the packaging, as it just all seemed to be shoved in the box. I'm almost wondering if it was opened in customs or something, as every previous high end exhaust I've ordered has been packed much better. There were a bunch of flat cardboard pieces in the box that looked like they might have assemblied to hold the exhaust, but instead they were just all stacked together. However, nothing seemed to be damaged, outside of the slip joints being a bit bent. I was able to get them bent back though and everything installed without too much trouble.

As for the sound, I'm still kinda on the fence. I had heard it previously, but it's been awhile. It's definitely a much different sound than a typical Honda exhaust, but I wish it made a little more noise when just cruising. My main reason for going with this setup was the ability to adjust on the fly and I am really enjoying that part. Just cruising around under 3-4k RPM, all the settings are pretty quiet. With it wide open, above 4k with heavy throttle it's completely ridiculous. I've found the 30% setting to be pretty reasonable, but it's still so quiet unless I wring it out a bit.

For those that have had theirs installed for awhile, should I expect the sound to change a bit as it gets broken in, with regards to either volume or tone? Should I layer the hatch floor with sound deadening to improve the sound, or will this just tone it down some?

I really want to LOVE this exhaust, especially considering the price, but I'm just kinda 'meh' with it so far. I do like being able to adjust it on the fly though, and other than Armytrix I believe this is the only option that offers that feature.

The question is why do you feel meh....

Is it because you wanted it deeper ? Louder ? What are you looking for ?

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The question is why do you feel meh....

Is it because you wanted it deeper ? Louder ? What are you looking for ?
Good question, and I'm not sure I know tbh. I guess a deep growl and a more little noise at lower RPMs. It actually sounds really good to me with the valve open just sitting idling. Maybe I need to have someone else drive the car and see how it sounds outside.

CW20038TypeR

First Name
Franklin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW type r 2018
Country flag
Good question, and I'm not sure I know tbh. I guess a deep growl and a more little noise at lower RPMs. It actually sounds really good to me with the valve open just sitting idling. Maybe I need to have someone else drive the car and see how it sounds outside.

Do that a see if your feelings change.

The reason why is they do a good job in preventing drone and the interior from noise which good exhausts do.

My only gripe is I wish it was deeper sounding

jchen597

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 Type R
Country flag
Can anyone comment on the difficulty of installing the bluetooth controller aspect / does it come with instructions that you can easily follow?

Last edited:

ManEatingPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Can anyone comment on the difficulty of installing the bluetooth controller aspect / does it come with instructions that you can easily follow?
The bluetooth sound controller was super easy to install in my opinion. Mine came with instructions but if for some reason yours doesn't, I'm sure it is easy to find online or PM me, I believe I still have them.

My only problem with the install was that the included wire splice connector wasn't that great. You need this to tap into your truck light for power to the bluetooth module. I had better quality ones sitting around so I ended up using my own as I found the included one struggled to get through the wire to properly power the module.

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do that a see if your feelings change.

The reason why is they do a good job in preventing drone and the interior from noise which good exhausts do.

My only gripe is I wish it was deeper sounding
After driving around with it for the past few days, it's definitely growing on me. I absolutely LOVE the ability to go from stock-ish to loud as hell. It's just too much fun having both options. Personally, I would never run anything near as loud as this is full open, if I had to run it full time. So it's nice to be able to play around but then go back to quiet mode at a press of a button. Also, I feel like the car sounds like a beast just sitting idling with the valve all the way open.

Anthracer12

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Just installed my Remus cat-back over the weekend and now I’m looking at doing the front pipe to complete the exhaust. Anyone tried removing the Remus adapter from the system after it's been installed? Any issues separating the pieces after they have been put through drive cycles? I’d rather not spend the money on the front pipe only to find out the piping already on the car is basically stuck together and wont budge without possibly damaging something.
Sponsored