jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
Anyone near to Philly that has the Remus?

I’d like to hear it in person before pulling the trigger.

Nickjacq23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic type r
Country flag
I’m kinda confused here maybe y’all can help me out, from what I’ve gathered online is that the valve won’t open if you don’t order the sound controller so that means it’ll be quiet right? And if there’s an app for the iPhone do you still need to purchase the controller? @REMUS USA

saint365

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
I’m kinda confused here maybe y’all can help me out, from what I’ve gathered online is that the valve won’t open if you don’t order the sound controller so that means it’ll be quiet right? And if there’s an app for the iPhone do you still need to purchase the controller? @REMUS USA
If you want to control the valve (close or open) then you need a controller. It is operated by bluetooth via phone or remote provided.
without sound controller you can just manually have valve fully open.

Nickjacq23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic type r
Country flag
If you want to control the valve (close or open) then you need a controller. It is operated by bluetooth via phone or remote provided.
without sound controller you can just manually have valve fully open.
good to know, didn’t really plan on having it closed

REMUS USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Country flag
@Nickjacq23 Hope you are well and thanks for reaching out. @saint365 is correct. The valve will kind of be in limbo if it is not connected to the actuator that opens and closes it via the remote/app. It may rattle if it is not held either open or closed as there is no way to predict how it will behave. There are guys who have zip tied it open and that's not really recommended but can be done if you choose to do so. The ability to control the valves is really what makes the system functional and without that ability you really miss out on the main feature of the system. In any case that is entirely up to you. Let is know should you have any additional questions. Talk to you soon.

Last edited:

turboR

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR #18775 / 2002 NB Miata (track car)
Country flag
I am curious if anyone here is running this exhaust with an aftermarket Catless DP and can comment on the sound vs OEM DP. I am thinking that so long as in closed mode the exhaust is still quiet enough to OEM with no drone that it would not be an issue with Cops, I live in CA unfortunately. My commute also takes me up long freeway grades, which are the worst scenarios for inducing exhaust drone. I could care less how loud it becomes in fully open with a Catless DP :)

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I am curious if anyone here is running this exhaust with an aftermarket Catless DP and can comment on the sound vs OEM DP. I am thinking that so long as in closed mode the exhaust is still quiet enough to OEM with no drone that it would not be an issue with Cops, I live in CA unfortunately. My commute also takes me up long freeway grades, which are the worst scenarios for inducing exhaust drone. I could care less how loud it becomes in fully open with a Catless DP :)
Extremely loud and much raspier than stock DP.

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I love reading about this exhaust.

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Post up impressions - are you stock?
I’m on full bolt ons. I will be installing it in about a week. What I can say for now is that the build quality is very very good.
Sponsored