Simmons572

First Name
Regi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 RR FK8 R-37732, 96 Civic LX
Country flag
You tap into an electrical connection for the lights in the back of the car. The instructions that come with the exhaust have it documented (I can't seem to find the instructions on my computer unfortunately)
There is a really nice installation video from our partners In Canada at JRP online:
Much appreciated! I am considering this exhaust system for when I finally get my own Type R, and I appreciate all of the info I've been seeing so far.
Sponsored

Rtyp3

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I just picked up the Remus Exhaust w/ the Active bluetooth controller w/ Carbon tips and cant be any happier! I'm coming from the Invidia R400 Exhaust which was nice. But the more aggressive exhaust laws in California has me a little worried. Looks way more stock than the Invidia for sure and being able to make the exhaust sound stock is :thumbsup:. Here are a couple clips with the valve fully opened vs fully closed.

Pic of the tips

Fully opened

Fully closed

Valve itself

Reving it a bit with valve fully opened

REMUS USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Country flag
Guys,

PLEASE make sure to check out the following video! Especially for forum members in California. This is an extremely informative video that will answer pretty much ALL your questions in regards to DB levels etc:

SBPerformance

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo, 2003 350z, 1998 CRV, 2019 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I told myself I wasn't going to put an exhaust on my car right away since many exhausts on the market are too loud, have ugly tips or are just as quiet as stock and not worth replacing... But here is one I may need to consider.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Stupid question - why do all these exhausts sound different? Like, why does the Remus exhaust sound deep and raspy while the Milltek exhaust has that rolling R sound?

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
I wish we could see a dB test from a Remus owner (cat back only) that would perform the measurement from inside the cabin. This would give us a direct comparison of the stock to Remus inside the vehicle not just outside

REMUS USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Country flag
The reason why aftermarket exhausts sound different is mostly due to R&D procedures. Keep in mind that many aftermarket exhaust companies focus their attention simply on fitting their exhaust to the car instead of really creating the fitting sound. REMUS main priority is to create the right sound using a $12 million dollar Sound chamber to get it right. Throughout their company history REMUS has always tried to create a sound that is pleasing to the ears (deep & throaty) without ever being high pitched or obnoxiously loud....

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
Got mine installed today with the sound controller and couldn't be any happier with the results. The sound is great and there's no drone. Adjustability via the sound controller is also great to have--- option to 100% open with just me in the car:drive: or 0% open when wife and toddler son is in the car:bat:

Honda Civic 10th gen Remus Exhaust: Detailed Review IMG_7563.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Remus Exhaust: Detailed Review IMG_7564.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Remus Exhaust: Detailed Review IMG_7559.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Remus Exhaust: Detailed Review IMG_7560.JPG

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
How would you compare the interior sound with the closed valve compared to stock? We always hear it's "identical" but in all honesty... How close is it at idle... at 2.5k rpm... at half throttle... at full.

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
How would you compare the interior sound with the closed valve compared to stock? We always hear it's "identical" but in all honesty... How close is it at idle... at 2.5k rpm... at half throttle... at full.
Will let you know once I put it to 0% open, I drove only with 100% open yesterday after the install:D

OP
OP

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
At valve completely closed:

Idle = just as quiet as stock
Half throttle = more or less same as stock
Wide open = a little louder than stock (but only really at higher RPMs)

OP
OP

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Got mine installed today with the sound controller and couldn't be any happier with the results. The sound is great and there's no drone. Adjustability via the sound controller is also great to have--- option to 100% open with just me in the car:drive: or 0% open when wife and toddler son is in the car:bat:
Congrats! I know you were on the fence about this one, glad you got it. I think you'll like it :)

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
At valve completely closed:

Idle = just as quiet as stock
Half throttle = more or less same as stock
Wide open = a little louder than stock (but only really at higher RPMs)
I did some driving with the valve completely closed today and confirm that this is accurate:thumbsup:
Sponsored