Remus Exhaust: Detailed Review

HookemNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Country flag
Just a heads up though! The exhaust has a very nice sound to it, but if you want a deep sounding exhaust, this is not it. Loud, throaty and deep sounding usually comes hand in hand with drone and more vibration in the cabin.
Gotcha and thanks. I'll really need to think on this because I do love the deep growl of the awe. I know you can't have it all so I'll definitely have to research a bit more. Thanks for the feedback!
Sponsored

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
How loud is this on the highway when cruising in your opinion? I have the awe touring and I absolutely love it everywhere but on the highway. I know part of my issue is the downpipe, but I'm considering other options because of how loud the sound is at 70-80 mph.
Loudness depends on how much of the valve you have opened:thumbsup: For long highway drives with my wife and 5 yr old, I can run 100% open if they're both awake, but 0% if both are napping. Either way it doesn't bother them---drone is comparable to stock exhaust. I previously had the Greddy HG (3-tip exhaust) and the drone was so bad that I took it off in less than two months.

mubassir1840

First Name
Shabaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2017 Range Rover Evoque
Country flag
On the Remus website, it says the Catback exhaust can only accommodate the Remus front pipe. But I have seen few people running PRL front pipe with an adapter. Anybody know what size adapter I need and where can I get those? Other things to consider regarding the install?

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
The Remus catback comes with an adapter that bolts onto the stock front pipe. You can use that with other aftermarket front pipes. With Remus front pipe, you don't need that. It slides in just like the other 2 connectors on the catback.

mubassir1840

First Name
Shabaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am a little worried about the provided Remus adapter. The adapter has a 3-inch wide opening to accommodate the Catback, but it has a 2.5-inch opening to fit the factory front pipe. Will this cause any loss in performance? I tried looking for 3 to 3-inch adapters but couldn't find one. I found 4 to 3 inch, or other step down or step up sizes.

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
Yeah, I would go with Remus FP if I were to get one. Why not just get it from Remus? Too long of a wait?

mubassir1840

First Name
Shabaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Its expensive lol.. People are selling the PRL front pipe for around 280$ used. Compared to Remus, about 480$ and above. After doing some research on FB groups. Some guy was able to weld a 3-inch adapter pipe to the flang (am hoping that is the correct term). I found out some 3-inch adapters online. Now I need to find the part which connects to the end of the front pipe. So I can weld and use it. Still trying to work this out. If nothing works out, ill go with Remus front pipe. Pic attached of the guy made a custom adapter on FB group.
Honda Civic 10th gen Remus Exhaust: Detailed Review FB_IMG_1588296247225

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
Where did you see it for $480? It's listed on line for around $420 which is a slightly higher than PRL $395, but I'm sure you can get it for less if you contact the vendor. The weld on the adapter in the pic looks horrible. Looks like a hack job. LOL.

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
For some reason yesterday the valve wasn’t working. I made sure everything was connected, restarted my phone, deleted and reinstalled the app and still nada. Anyone know what could cause this? Any possible solutions?
Did you ever determine what the issue was here?

mubassir1840

First Name
Shabaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Where did you see it for $480? It's listed on line for around $420 which is a slightly higher than PRL $395, but I'm sure you can get it for less if you contact the vendor. The weld on the adapter in the pic looks horrible. Looks like a hack job. LOL.
You are right. I will reach out to other vendors and see what's the best price I can get on those Remus FP. If not, I will settle with PRL FP, which I was offered for 280$. Between, the guy responded to me and said if he can make one adapter for me. Honestly, Yes, the adapter looks hideous. But I am satisfied if it does the job. And I have other mods in mind and need to save some money where I can. It's a risky process to go with PRL. Will see how things go.

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag
You are right. I will reach out to other vendors and see what's the best price I can get on those Remus FP. If not, I will settle with PRL FP, which I was offered for 280$. Between, the guy responded to me and said if he can make one adapter for me. Honestly, Yes, the adapter looks hideous. But I am satisfied if it does the job. And I have other mods in mind and need to save some money where I can. It's a risky process to go with PRL. Will see how things go.
I'm in the same boat. I already have an RV6 front pipe and have a Remus exhaust on order. My plan was to buy a 3" flange and make an adapter. Curious how much you're paying for the adapter and if he's interested in making any more.

mubassir1840

First Name
Shabaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm in the same boat. I already have an RV6 front pipe and have a Remus exhaust on order. My plan was to buy a 3" flange and make an adapter. Curious how much you're paying for the adapter and if he's interested in making any more.
He just responded to me yesterday night and was not sure regarding the availability. He will let me know after checking with his friend. So, I will keep you posted. And no word on the pricing yet. I'll ask him today.

mubassir1840

First Name
Shabaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Yes, my connection came lose so once I went back in and fixed it the problem was gone.
Awesome, I am looking into getting this and want to see how reliable the valve is over time
Sponsored