frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
getting my Remus exhaust installed now as of this moment. excited to see how it turns out. This is my first car with an aftermarket exhaust.
you are going to love it.
Sponsored

Petrolicious

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 2019 Lexus RX 350 F Sport, 2017 Golf R
Country flag
Prob the best exhaust for the CTR. But out of my price range. Over $3k for valve and carbon tips is just too much.

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag
Check with Mike from Remus or the vendors. You can get it for a lot less.
I PM'd Mike back in late October, trying to catch a black Friday deal, and he said his preference was for me to go through a vendor and that they could offer a better price. I didn't see any BF deals unfortunately, although I ended up spending the money elsewhere so I kinda gave up. I'm in the market again, and would love to know who can get me the best price on one. If anyone has specific recommendations, please let me know either here or through a PM.

Petrolicious

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 2019 Lexus RX 350 F Sport, 2017 Golf R
Country flag
I PM'd Mike back in late October, trying to catch a black Friday deal, and he said his preference was for me to go through a vendor and that they could offer a better price. I didn't see any BF deals unfortunately, although I ended up spending the money elsewhere so I kinda gave up. I'm in the market again, and would love to know who can get me the best price on one. If anyone has specific recommendations, please let me know either here or through a PM.
I’m in the same boat. Looking for the best vendor with the best price. But def not paying over $3k for exhaust.

mubassir1840

First Name
Shabaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2017 Range Rover Evoque
Country flag
you are going to love it.
I am in love with it. The fact that you can make it sound like almost stock exhaust and make it loud for some fun driving. I always drive it with 100% open throttle and with my rear seats down, which will let the sound a bit more inside the cabin. I also get some crackles and pops in 2nd and 3rd gear upshift.

Honda Civic 10th gen Remus Exhaust: Detailed Review 20200323_122941

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
Nice! I was debating between this tips and mine. Did you have the FP and DP also? Because I don’t have any pops or crackles.

mubassir1840

First Name
Shabaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2017 Range Rover Evoque
Country flag
Nice! I was debating between this tips and mine. Did you have the FP and DP also? Because I don’t have any pops or crackles.
I liked the carbon fiber tips, but I was trying to keep the cost low, and I personally liked the angled cut tips. Stock FP and DP. But I have plans for FP and DP to further enhance the exhaust tone in the coming weeks.
It is hard to hear any crackles and pops with the rear seats in up position. But if you put your back seats down (Which lets more exhaust sound inside the cabin), and while upshifting from 2nd gear past 3k revs and upshifting on 3rd gear with revs past 3.5 or 4k you should hear those crackles and pops.

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
Same. I like the angle tips also. I can’t put the rear seat down because I have a car seat for my son in back. Also, I haven’t driven with the windows all the way down because of the weather and the whole situation with the virus LOL. I’m thinking of getting the FP next.

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
In my case, I also have PRL catted DP and FP. During cold start, the exhaust pops/crackles at low speed/rpms. Once the engine warms up, I only notice pops/crackles at high RPM shifts.

I would imagine a catLESS DP would produce more pronounced pops/crackles though, but I couldn't stand the smell (replaced with catted DP before I got the Remus).

HookemNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Country flag
In my case, I also have PRL catted DP and FP. During cold start, the exhaust pops/crackles at low speed/rpms. Once the engine warms up, I only notice pops/crackles at high RPM shifts.

I would imagine a catLESS DP would produce more pronounced pops/crackles though, but I couldn't stand the smell (replaced with catted DP before I got the Remus).
How loud is this on the highway when cruising in your opinion? I have the awe touring and I absolutely love it everywhere but on the highway. I know part of my issue is the downpipe, but I'm considering other options because of how loud the sound is at 70-80 mph.

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
How loud is this on the highway when cruising in your opinion? I have the awe touring and I absolutely love it everywhere but on the highway. I know part of my issue is the downpipe, but I'm considering other options because of how loud the sound is at 70-80 mph.
That's the beauty of the Remus exhaust, if you want it to be loud open it up to 100%. If you want it to be quieter make some adjustments. Me personally I stay in the 20% area for enough sound to make me happy and not bother my neighborhood.

HookemNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Country flag
That's the beauty of the Remus exhaust, if you want it to be loud open it up to 100%. If you want it to be quieter make some adjustments. Me personally I stay in the 20% area for enough sound to make me happy and not bother my neighborhood.
This is why it's so tempting. Thanks bud. I'm leaning towards ordering it.

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag

I started to notice some pop occasionally when letting off the throttle and shifting, but I had that on the HKS also. The exhaust is getting slightly louder as I break it in. I couldn't stand the smell on the catless downpipe either. I had it on my previous car and quickly removed it after.

This is why it's so tempting. Thanks bud. I'm leaning towards ordering it.
Just a heads up though! The exhaust has a very nice sound to it, but if you want a deep sounding exhaust, this is not it. Loud, throaty and deep sounding usually comes hand in hand with drone and more vibration in the cabin.
Sponsored

Last edited: