Remus Exhaust: Detailed Review

9000RPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR // '14 Cayenne
Country flag
Im catless. I’m running the RV6 catless ceramic coated downpipe and a PRL frontpipe. I get zero smell, so that shouldn’t even be a concern. I’ve rarely opened it up to 100%, I like to stay between 20%-50%. That range produces just the right amount of sound for me.
Where in NJ are you? Thinking of getting one for mine once it hits 10k but I want to hear the Remus in person.
Sponsored

fycfyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Anyone know if you could retain the original exhaust tip's look with this? All the 3 tip ones have 3 equal size tips, however I'm looking to keep the OEM 2 large 1 small look.

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
For some reason yesterday the valve wasn’t working. I made sure everything was connected, restarted my phone, deleted and reinstalled the app and still nada. Anyone know what could cause this? Any possible solutions?

Honda Civic 10th gen Remus Exhaust: Detailed Review 61D057CD-C3B4-4895-91D3-D58A36A54C41

Honda Civic 10th gen Remus Exhaust: Detailed Review 076F65DB-A5EB-4CAD-84C1-45D2BC44A6A0

Honda Civic 10th gen Remus Exhaust: Detailed Review BD6FB663-260D-4CEE-83BA-80FA15268927

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
I would start with the where you tap the wire to to make sure the connection is good.

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
Anyone know if you could retain the original exhaust tip's look with this? All the 3 tip ones have 3 equal size tips, however I'm looking to keep the OEM 2 large 1 small look.
Some tips are bigger than others. Buy 2 sets and mix/match them LOL.

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
For those that ordered the exhaust via vendor, how long did you have wait? Sorry for the multi continuous posts.

turboR

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR #18775 / 2002 NB Miata (track car)
Country flag
Im catless. I’m running the RV6 catless ceramic coated downpipe and a PRL frontpipe. I get zero smell, so that shouldn’t even be a concern. I’ve rarely opened it up to 100%, I like to stay between 20%-50%. That range produces just the right amount of sound for me.
Do you get any drone on the freeway with the valve fully closed? Where I live I often have to travel up grades in 6th gear.

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Do you get any drone on the freeway with the valve fully closed? Where I live I often have to travel up grades in 6th gear.
zero drone, especially full closed. I like to keep it at 20% open to get a nice growl.

mubassir1840

First Name
Shabaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2017 Range Rover Evoque
Country flag
For those that ordered the exhaust via vendor, how long did you have wait? Sorry for the multi continuous posts.
I ordered mine last week, and one of the vendors said, I have to wait until the end of the month. But other vendors had the exhaust in stock, and it should take less than 10 - 14 days with shipping and processing depending on where you are located. Could be sooner, 10 - 14 is the max days.

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
I ordered mine last week, and one of the vendors said, I have to wait until the end of the month. But other vendors had the exhaust in stock, and it should take less than 10 - 14 days with shipping and processing depending on where you are located. Could be sooner, 10 - 14 is the max days.
Thanks. I PM’ed you.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Keep in mind that all type r's have some engine and exhaust noise when cruising at high speeds on the highway, simply due to the gearing keeping the revs higher. With the Remus exhaust, even though there won't be much drone per se, you're still going to get a much more pronounced version of that stock engine / exhaust noise when your cruising speed takes your revs above 3K

turboR

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR #18775 / 2002 NB Miata (track car)
Country flag
Keep in mind that all type r's have some engine and exhaust noise when cruising at high speeds on the highway, simply due to the gearing keeping the revs higher. With the Remus exhaust, even though there won't be much drone per se, you're still going to get a much more pronounced version of that stock engine / exhaust noise when your cruising speed takes your revs above 3K
True and understood. I already dynamatted the whole rear, which helped a lot. I plan on doing the rest one day if I do a system. Most noise seems to come from the stupid thin 30 series tires, but Im swapping to 265/40/18 when my Volks come in so that will help a lot also.

Last edited:

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
After 3 weeks of waiting, my Remus exhaust has finally arrived yesterday. Initial impression is summarized into 1 word: refinement. It is a very refined sounding exhaust, very smooth and very European sounding. It's actually a little quieter than I expected at 100%, but I have stock front and down pipes. On highway, even at 100% open, it's still very quiet, even more quiet than the HKS, but when you get on it, it RRRRRR:p.

mubassir1840

First Name
Shabaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2017 Range Rover Evoque
Country flag
getting my Remus exhaust installed now as of this moment. excited to see how it turns out. This is my first car with an aftermarket exhaust.
Sponsored