tde1205

First Name
Tulio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TypeR
Country flag
a trustworthy FK8 owner is selling me his Remus Black Tip Sound Control Exhaust for $1800. is this a good price? i really like the raspiness of this exhaust.
Sponsored

fk8amiloR

First Name
Camilo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White 2021 FK8
Country flag
I am a little worried about the provided Remus adapter. The adapter has a 3-inch wide opening to accommodate the Catback, but it has a 2.5-inch opening to fit the factory front pipe. Will this cause any loss in performance? I tried looking for 3 to 3-inch adapters but couldn't find one. I found 4 to 3 inch, or other step down or step up sizes.
Bumping old thread here but I can use your expertise. Ordered Remus exhaust and now you got me worried. Is the adapter provided not functional? Am I better of buying Remus fp? (original intention was to keep stock fp/dp).

jchen597

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 Type R
Country flag
Bumping old thread here but I can use your expertise. Ordered Remus exhaust and now you got me worried. Is the adapter provided not functional? Am I better of buying Remus fp? (original intention was to keep stock fp/dp).
Stock front pipe was fine, when I ordered mine they were back ordered, went a month with stock FP then switched to Remus FP after.

fk8amiloR

First Name
Camilo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White 2021 FK8
Country flag
Thanks for the reply

, were there any problems with the adapter when you had the stock fp? I saw a couple members here opting to make their own adapter. And were you satisfied with the remus fp or did you opt for PRL?

Once again, I appreciate you help
Stock front pipe was fine, when I ordered mine they were back ordered, went a month with stock FP then switched to Remus FP after.

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag
Last weekend I noticed some erratic behavoir when changing the valve position. After further inspection, it appears the bottom part of the flap appears to be disconnected and it looks like there might be a partial crack near the top. I've had the exhaust on the car for about a year and a half, but it's a fair-weather car so I've only put 6k miles on since then. Has anyone else had issues like this? It looks like Remus has a 24 month warranty, so I'm hoping they'll make things right, but I'm extremely disappointed to see this issue after spending so much on this exhaust.

Jickster343

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hi guys! Sorry for bringing this back, so I got this exhaust sometime ago and was going to install it but unfortunately the new New York exhaust law is very strict. I did watch a YouTube video of the decibel readings and I was surprised that both 0% closed and 100% opened are almost the same decibels. I was wondering if this is accurate with a stock downpipe and frontpipe? It's crazy how the new penalty for a loud exhaust is a $1,000 dollar fine and/or 30-day jail time, so at the moment I don't know if it is worth it to put on this exhaust.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Is your car stock otherwise? If it is it might not be too loud tbh.

Jickster343

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Is your car stock otherwise? If it is it might not be too loud tbh.
I just have a PRL intake but I don't think that should affect the sound. The law is just very vague because it says that you can't modify a exhaust to be louder than stock but how do they know what the stock exhaust sounds like? I hope when the Remus exhaust is closed it has almost the same decibels as the stock exhaust, from the forum it looks like when it's fully closed it sounds as quiet as the stock exhaust. Also here is some more information about the new law.

https://www.semasan.com/resources/exhaust-noise-laws-state#New York
https://www.semasan.com/legislative...vs-fiction-new-york-exhaust-noise-legislation

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
It is definitely a lot quieter with the valve closed. Only slightly louder than stock in my opinion.

Jickster343

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
It is definitely a lot quieter with the valve closed. Only slightly louder than stock in my opinion.
Gotcha, it just sucks that the state is testing out sound cameras, mostly in Manhattan, you get a summons through the mail saying that you have to bring your car in for a decibel test. They make you rev up to 4,000 RPM and depending on the decibel reading you can get an 875 dollar ticket and the more you get later on it can increase all the way up to 1750 dollars. They also check to see if there are any brand names on the exhaust to see if it is stock or not, they don't put the car on a lift so that is good. Here is a video going into detail about it.

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Valve is broken at the bottom. I have had this issue many times. Last year I messaged Michael. He said they were making a different valve setup, because of the issues. I could get the old one sent now, or wait for the new setup. I opted to wait, as my car was in the shop for all of last year, except for 5 days.
Then Remus USA wasn't a distributor anymore. I received the exhaust sometime last year. I got my car back around February, and went to install the exhaust again. It was the same valve setup as before. I don't use anti-lag.
I am guessing, that if you are pushing more HP than stock, it breaks at the weakest point, which is the tab at the bottom.
If you need warranty support here is the contact info and request form.
Read what you have to include at the bottom of the form. I don't work for Remus, just passing the info I have learned. I hope this helps.
Thomas Passero
Senior Customer Support Representative

P: 267-468-0350 x8163
F: 267-468-0363
[email protected] via freshdesk.com

Turn 14 Distribution
100 Tournament Drive
Suite 100
Horsham, PA 19044

www.Turn14.com

Attachments

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do not get a Remus exhaust. There is that flaw at the bottom of the valve, that continually breaks. Yes they will send you another one, but it's the same flaw in all of them. More than a few owners had that same issue. Save your money and get something more reliable.

I removed the Remus exhaust out of my signature block, as I am not going to give a recommendation for them.
Sponsored