Removing water spots?

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine seem "baked" in. Haven't had the chance to try vinegar on mine yet, hopefully it works :hmm:
Maybe after you get yours out, try hand waxing the car after you give it a good wash. I find the spots come off a lot easier than before I waxed it.
Sponsored

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I want to get them out before I wax it, I'm afraid I'll seal them in if I wax it and not remove them first.. Going to go to CT and get a claybar now and see what I can do..

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
+1. I have a number of these on my C-pillar areas and towards the trunk.
ya they suck.. Mine are the worst on my hood and trunk lid, the roof is pretty bad too.. Everywhere else is perfect. I really gotta get to my paint this weekend. Just been so busy lately, have no energy left once I get home from work!

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
ya they suck.. Mine are the worst on my hood and trunk lid, the roof is pretty bad too.. Everywhere else is perfect. I really gotta get to my paint this weekend. Just been so busy lately, have no energy left once I get home from work!
I'm with you man. Been doing some extra work-related training, having to drive another 150 miles each day this week (luckily in a gov car, not my own :) ) but I have no time/energy at allllllll...my car's getting all the attention this weekend

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Use white vinegar for light spots.. use CLR for hard baked in spots. After you do this it may strip the wax. So prepare to use a cleaner wax afterwards.. like Mothers But before you do any of this I would get a little gas on a rag and remove any specs of tar first. Also I have a refillable bottle that I put rainX window cleaner in and mix water with it for in between detailing touchups.

It's just that easy!? Even with my baked in spots?

Last edited:

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I'm with you man. Been doing some extra work-related training, having to drive another 150 miles each day this week (luckily in a gov car, not my own :) ) but I have no time/energy at allllllll...my car's getting all the attention this weekend
We will have to start our own, BNP paint care thread this weekend buddy! :thumbsup:

I'm gonna start with a hand wash using vinegar in my soap, then do a good claying, then finish off with a good seal with some good paste wax (brand undetermined as of now)

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Use white vinegar for light spots.. use CLR for hard baked in spots. After you do this it may strip the wax. So prepare to use a cleaner wax afterwards.. like Mothers
A cleaner wax? If I clay it after and apply a good sealant type wax (paste wax) that's good too right?

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I never use clay unless it's a last resort.. like using clay to remove embedded bits of brake dust or using clay for a car that wasn't taken care of and your trying to bring back the paint clarity, color and smoothness. There are lots of trickstuff in detailing.

A cleaner wax? If I clay it after and apply a good sealant type wax (paste wax) that's good too right?
Honda Civic 10th gen Removing water spots? 2hqbaf9

Last edited:

ArnoldLayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
There are dedicated water spot remover products on the market you could try and remove waterspots

I know Gyeon and Kamikaze have waterspout removers and so does CarPro and Optimum.

artactive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X 1.8E (Entry level)
Country flag
I Just Wash With Regular Car Shampoo And Wax It.
Or Use Wet Microfiber Cloth Wipe It and Use Another Dry Cloth To Wipe Again For Emergency .
After Watch Video I Realize That I Use 1 Bucket And Wash In Sun That Leave Water Spot In My Car
Sponsored