Learn2turn:)

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW FK8, 2005 S2000, 1995 Miata
Country flag
I have a new fuel pump assembly and I am installing a DW300C into it. I noticed John at FK8TD.com mention that he modifies the holes that lead into and out of the fuel regulator on the assembly and I agree with doing that.

I wonder, why keep the regulator at all if we all want as much fuel as possible?
Can anyone speak to that idea?
What are your thoughts everyone?
@seselectronics What do you think?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can't add too much here as I did not modify any holes on the fuel regulator. Just the holes on the hard line.

OP
OP

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Can't add too much here as I did not modify any holes on the fuel regulator. Just the holes on the hard line.
Not modify the regulator, just remove it and open these 2 holes up some more.

OP
OP

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
These 2 holes are the entrance and exit for the fuel regulator.

Honda Civic 10th gen Removing the fuel regulator 20230201_094457

Honda Civic 10th gen Removing the fuel regulator 20230201_094414

OP
OP

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Never mind, I just figured it out. You can't remove the fuel regulator because the fuel will just pour back into the tank out of the assembly (duh) unless you can seal off that whole chamber.

Let's assume we can seal off the chamber, would it then be a good idea to remove the fuel regulator?

speedyserg

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
Never mind, I just figured it out. You can't remove the fuel regulator because the fuel will just pour back into the tank out of the assembly (duh) unless you can seal off that whole chamber.

Let's assume we can seal off the chamber, would it then be a good idea to remove the fuel regulator?
The new JSR intank setup does this
It basically removes all the restrictions from the basket (fuel regulator, oem fuel filter, tiny lines) and replaces it with a 535lph modified pump that hangs by itself....incorporates an inline 1000hp fuel lab regulator and stainless fuel lab filter that's serviceable. Add in the -6 AN fuel line that uses the stock line as a return and now you have amazing flow, consistent fuel pressure and no chance of having the oem fuel filter sending garbage to your expensive hpfp and injectors or losing a motor. Track guys could easily incorporate a surge tank if they wanted to as well but 99% of guys would be fine with the kit as it comes.

I'm on the dw300c right now - great pump - but unfortunately i refuse to risk another set of injectors/pump/motor with the oem fuel filter so I'll be upgrading asap

Fuel is really our biggest jssue and when you look at the basket and how small the holes/ lines are - the JSR upgrade becomes a must really - especially if you are on E which breaks down the paper/glue in the oem fuel filter.

So you can either keep replacing the oem basket ($125 + pita install) or spring for the upgrade and get peace of mind and alot more headroom for safe power. I've been bugging them for this as I know there are alot of us in the same boat. You can do a more fancy setup and spend more as others have but I think the target price was $1500ish which includes the pump, reg, line, relay etc is dirt cheap for what you get.

Hopefully they can keep the cost low as this is more of a safety mod first and performance upgrade second.

OP
OP

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It basically removes all the restrictions from the basket (fuel regulator, oem fuel filter, tiny lines) and replaces it with a 535lph modified pump that hangs by itself....incorporates an inline 1000hp fuel lab regulator and stainless fuel lab filter that's serviceable. Add in the -6 AN fuel line that uses the stock line as a return and now you have amazing flow, consistent fuel pressure and no chance of having the oem fuel filter sending garbage to your expensive hpfp and injectors or losing a motor. Track guys could easily incorporate a surge tank if they wanted to as well but 99% of guys would be fine with the kit as it comes.

I'm on the dw300c right now - great pump - but unfortunately i refuse to risk another set of injectors/pump/motor with the oem fuel filter so I'll be upgrading asap

Fuel is really our biggest jssue and when you look at the basket and how small the holes/ lines are - the JSR upgrade becomes a must really - especially if you are on E which breaks down the paper/glue in the oem fuel filter.

So you can either keep replacing the oem basket ($125 + pita install) or spring for the upgrade and get peace of mind and alot more headroom for safe power. I've been bugging them for this as I know there are alot of us in the same boat. You can do a more fancy setup and spend more as others have but I think the target price was $1500ish which includes the pump, reg, line, relay etc is dirt cheap for what you get.

Hopefully they can keep the cost low as this is more of a safety mod first and performance upgrade second.
Any idea on when it may be released?
Also... WHERE CAN YOU FIND THE FUEL PUMP ASSY FOR $125!?
I PAID $325 FOR MINE!

Last edited:

BrokeCTROwner

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 1999 K20 Integra
Country flag

I wish they’d release more info on it already. I’m gonna be tuning on e here soon and I’d like to have that put in as opposed to having to buy a dw300c and risk fuel filter degradation

speedyserg

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
Any idea on when it may be released?
Also... WHERE CAN YOU FIND THE FUEL PUMP ASSY FOR $125!?
I PAID $325 FOR MINE!
JSR keeps them in stock for this reason - they may be a touch higher but should be 165 - you can always call JSR and order one - it's a regular issue for FK8s in SoCal on E ..... the entire basket is 325 but to replace just the oem filter assembly it's just the 165.

speedyserg

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
I wish they’d release more info on it already. I’m gonna be tuning on e here soon and I’d like to have that put in as opposed to having to buy a dw300c and risk fuel filter degradation
Call Jake and order it - he should be taking pictures soon and posting the system on the website but you can call him, send the money and get the order started. I'm waiting about another week or two and then giving him my money for the order. He said retail should be $1799 once it goes up on the website. Pics of all the pieces/description etc

He's gonna have a bunch of orders form us locals but first come first serve - I think 3 or 4 locals already placed their money down with probably another 20 to go once the hear it's finally available.

I cruised by to discuss getting it installed and retuned with the maf delete - I wanted to wait until I got my hands on the anti surge housing but I want to get rid of the oem fuel filter asap. The 14v intank fuel system adds alot more flow so I'll need a retune and will probably go to e60 and test all the way up to e85 to see if there are any more gains to be had. I'm gonna be leaning on the beta version as hard as I can - fuel shouldn't be an issue and hopefully we squeeze a few more psi out of it. My goal has been 580+ so fingers crossed we hit that or above without the anti-surge snd then a touch more once we retune when the new housing is released. Either way this will supply well over 700whp and that's on the smal Xdi hpfp pump.

speedyserg

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
Hi Sergio,
Thanks always for your input, is this the one kit you are talking about?

https://www.jsrengines.com/product/jsr-fk8-fuel-system-upgrade

Thanks!
No that's the old setup that does not include the bypass. That's the hpfp and I injectors which most of us already have - whats coming is an upgrade to the low pressure side where the oem basket has a one piece regulator/paper fuel filter

The paper/glue fails and can ruin your fuel system - I lost an injector that got stuck open with the goop from the filter - I got lucky it was just injectors and didn't damage anything else.

The paper filter is not really made for high Ethanol levels and unfortunately Honda designed the regulator/filter as one piece so this remedies the restriction as well as the danger posed by the paper oem filter. Jake also mentioned making a lower priced kit that will focus more on just bypassing the filter but that's a bit down the road - this setup is one you can grow into and make big power with while staying direct injection only which simples fueling and reduces risks from going meth or port injection. Keeps things simple and safe while giving you the headroom for 700+whp on Hondata

I'm running Xdi hpfp, bored tapered hp line, ported fuel rail, fk8td 1430cc injectors dw300c pump - this setup supplied 566whp to 7000rpm but could not keep up as I revved to 7600 where it could fuel about 525whp - I switched to 2000cc injectors and was able to maintain 566 to 7600 with no issues.
My goal on this RV6 R660 turbo is 580ish to 7600 and possible 600+ if we can raise the boost a touch - so not only do I want to bypass the fuel filter but I'm gonna need a bit more low pressure help as I go above 600 in the future so for me it's a no brainer.

It's not cheap per se but after the experience I had last year it's worth the piece of mind for me. I had raw fuel coming out of the tail pipe with a Xmas tree on the dashboard lol. I wouldn't want anyone to have that feeling of wtf?

I hope he developes a cheaper bypass for guys who just want to stay low power - it's just a little harder to do since it's a one piece reg/filter but he is sensitive to keeping the price down so guys can at least bypass the filter and not have to worry about it. He keeps those $160 filter assemblies in stock because so many guys call in and have the same issue.

BrokeCTROwner

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’ll be honest I’m on the mind of budget. Pretty obvious given my name I’m sure. So I was thinking why not just cut out the filter reuse the black hose to connect the fuel pump and add an inline filter like the id f750?

BrokeCTROwner

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Here’s what John did with his. Looking to replicate it myself

Sponsored