Removing splash guards

jmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
I am thinking about removing the splash guards. Even though they are pretty minimalistic, I think I would prefer them off the car. Thoughts? Also, I wonder if it is an easy removal?
Sponsored

indexcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX (Crystal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am thinking about removing the splash guards. Even though they are pretty minimalistic, I think I would prefer them off the car. Thoughts? Also, I wonder if it is an easy removal?
@jmat I would recommend against removing them because installing them requires making new holes in the fenders. But if you can live with that go ahead.

OP
OP

jmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
@jmat I would recommend against removing them because installing them requires making new holes in the fenders. But if you can live with that go ahead.
according to that guide ^, there are not any new holes. You simply replace the screws that were there with the new ones with the guards.

edit: besides the one with the pushpin? now I am confused haha.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
No holes on fenders, it's an incredibly easy removal, provided you have a stubby screwdriver or a ratchet with a philips head.

It does protect your fenders so I'd suggest you leave them on. Look into painting them, as it does make them look far better.

indexcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX (Crystal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
according to that guide ^, there are not any new holes. You simply replace the screws that were there with the new ones with the guards.

edit: besides the one with the pushpin? now I am confused haha.
@jmat I installed these myself and the installation does involve making new holes.

Zange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WoP Civic Touring
Country flag
I would also advise against it as I purchased my car with out and when ever it rained it left ugly dirt marks and water marks that I had to clean about twice a weeks and after installing them it's rare. But if you do go with removing it it's simple you'll only have one small additional hole on each back side that can be covered with a flat screw paint it black and it won't be noticeable.

LX16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe lx
Definitely remove them, they look so tacky. About the holes, just put the screws back in the hole afterwards. If you live on a gravel road, they might come in handy, but I have never had a problem without them myself.

fenerli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring CVT WOP
Country flag
I would also advise against it as I purchased my car with out and when ever it rained it left ugly dirt marks and water marks that I had to clean about twice a weeks and after installing them it's rare. But if you do go with removing it it's simple you'll only have one small additional hole on each back side that can be covered with a flat screw paint it black and it won't be noticeable.
:agree:

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was thinking of painting mine oem match color or gloss black.

Sponsored