Removing shifter cable bushing upgrade

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
what is the best tool to use or plan of attack getting those C- clips removed? It seems like they are really snugged on there.

1603974386696.png
Pretty sure I never removed those when I swapped mine. If you don't, just be sure you don't lever the cable ends too much when doing the swap.

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
what is the best tool to use or plan of attack getting those C- clips removed? It seems like they are really snugged on there.

1603974386696.png
I like to use a broad-tipped flat-head screwdriver to start prying them. You can use that to get under the flat part of the spring tab, then twist the screwdriver to get the clip pried up a touch, then use the screwdriver to pry instead of twist. On engine bays with lots of room (not 10th gens), there's a tricky way to do it with a small channel lock pliers.

~Russ

2020MSMcivicSI

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
I like to use a broad-tipped flat-head screwdriver to start prying them. You can use that to get under the flat part of the spring tab, then twist the screwdriver to get the clip pried up a touch, then use the screwdriver to pry instead of twist.
This is exactly what I did, just take your time and they will come off. I also recommend using gloves once you start to pry upwards... I cut the hell out of my hand when I finally got the 2nd one to pop off.
Sponsored