Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
my bad...was looking at your profile picture...not the real picts you'd included.
Sweet ride man! I like the Nurburgring sticker.
Lol, my profile picture is not my car, the CBP is mine.
Sponsored

OP
OP
kungfupanda

kungfupanda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TypeR
Country flag
my bad...was looking at your profile picture...not the real picts you'd included.
Sweet ride man! I like the Nurburgring sticker.
@alejandroads123 , you have any issues with the hardware putting on canards? I'm using what APR sent, and 3 have now snapped. I can feel the bolt getting warm, then almost when nut is close to final point, it's super tight >> then snaps. I put WD40 on the last one, and still snapped. I'm going to HomeDepot to get replacements.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
@alejandroads123 , you have any issues with the hardware putting on canards? I'm using what APR sent, and 3 have now snapped. I can feel the bolt getting warm, then almost when nut is close to final point, it's super tight >> then snaps. I put WD40 on the last one, and still snapped. I'm going to HomeDepot to get replacements.
I haven’t got any issues ,you don’t need to tight to much , the canards are very light weight and with the hardware who comes whit is good enough.

OP
OP
kungfupanda

kungfupanda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TypeR
Country flag
@alejandroads123 , thanks for vent tips...2 hours later (measure 4xs before drilling those 5 holes)...got one side done ?? It's actually pretty simple as long as you:
1. realize how vent comes off and multiple clips associated with the vent
Remove front fake vents without taking the bumper off | 2016+ Honda Civic Forum (10th Gen) - Type R Forum, Si Forum - CivicX.com
2. tape up the bumper as shown in directions from APR (all horizontal strips so you can trace/sketch out the bevels)
...make sure to tape up around the vents to avoid scratching when vent pops off but held by other clips (see #1 point video)
3. double/triple check your measurements for holes
4. utilize masking tape to hold canards and bolts in place if doing by yourself

Honda Civic 10th gen Removing front bumper canards_on_typer
Sponsored

Last edited: