Removing Fake CVT Shifting at Full Throttle

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is more of a question. If anyone comes across information about the possibility of removing the fake shifting logic/programming that the CVT does at full throttle, please let me know.

Stock, my car didn't do this at full throttle and with the gear shifter in 'L'. I've tested this with my Torque pro and my 1/4 mile times where slightly quicker. The rpms stayed at max while the car accelerated (Like my 2015 Honda Fit that I loved). However, after I've modified the car (PRL Cat delete and Ktuner Base Stage 2 Base tun) it doesn't allow this in 'L' at full throttle. Sounds like machine gun backfire and I had to let off and began accelerating again. Only happened twice. Didn't bother testing again.

I want the rpms to stay max though. If anyone have any information or leads to this (Including looking in other markets....Ex: China, Europe, etc) please let me know. I've been searching but finally decided to post and reach out. Thanks!
Sponsored

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Do you have logs of this ?

When I had my cvt and flex fuel. 24psi with 10ign. I never had this problem in s or L

Last edited:
OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have logs of this ?

When I had my cvt and flex fuel. 24psi with 10ign. I never had this problem in s or L
I have no logs of it. This happened while I was doing some test runs in Atco Raceway in Atco, New Jersey late last year. While flooring it in 'L', the revs would rise to the top of the rpm band and then I'd hear like a machine-gun backfire. I had to let off and floor the car again before it would 'shift'. After doing it a 2nd time in 'L' mode, I never did it again. In 'S' it did not do this and in 'D' it did not do this. While testing the car stock in 'D' and in 'L', in 'D' it would do the fake shifting as expected but in 'L', the revs would hold at peak rpm through the whole run. THAT is what I want it to do all the time. Hold peak power through the full run, like my Honda Fit used to do.
Sponsored