First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatchback Sport CVT (Sonic Grey)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anybody know if it is possible and if so how to remove a lip spoiler that I put on with heavy duty automotive all weather 3m tape. I would prefer to get it off without damaging the car or spoiler
Thanks
Sponsored

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Done it in the past. Take your time and use logic to apply force when needed. Best way is to get some type of floss or some other string type material that would be strong enough to “cut” the adhesive. And then you’ll need a lot of time to clean up the double sided tape with goo gone and wax. It’s definitely do-able.

OP
OP
Rsmith12x

Rsmith12x

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatchback Sport CVT (Sonic Grey)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Done it in the past. Take your time and use logic to apply force when needed. Best way is to get some type of floss or some other string type material that would be strong enough to “cut” the adhesive. And then you’ll need a lot of time to clean up the double sided tape with goo gone and wax. It’s definitely do-able.
Thank you

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Probably the same way you would remove emblems and badges - a bit of heat and some dental floss. Prepare to be scraping tape/glue residue from both the spoiler and the car though. Get some automotive Goo Gone.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
For something like a spoiler, I don't think floss will cut it. On heavier items like a spoiler, I've used a combination of hair dryer and old credit card to get one corner started. Then I work it off with the heat and pulling it up slowly and carefully.

The worst part will be removing the 3M tape left behind on the paint. An eraser wheel will help greatly with that.

Sponsored