vincelatz

Vince L.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T w/Sensing Metallic Steel/Black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes!!! I second this...please someone solve this one!

camhabib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Porsche 911, 2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Probably, but if there is it's hidden deep down in some obscure menu. It could also be "hard-wired" in to the system the same way some seatbelt buzzers were in cars of old; if you cut the power to the buzzer, you couldn't start the car.

Jon Snow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic Blue Metallic
Country flag
Very annoying to have to wait for it every time. While I'm letting the car warm up is normally the time I spend getting the stereo adjusted. Wish there was some way you could sign a one-time "yeah OK, I've read the disclaimer and I agree with it" thing and have it turned off permanently, although I guess they can't tell who is driving your car at any given time (yet).

Also wish you could tie more preferences to a key fob, for example always enable LKAS and Brake Hold automatically.

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Mine eventually goes away if I ignore it (10 seconds or so). But if I want to play with the stereo or navigation during this time, I do have to press OK to make the warning message go away.

Tying preferences to the key fob would be cool. I think they have some current issues to iron out first though. They'll probably add new functionality to future model years.

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
Very annoying to have to wait for it every time. While I'm letting the car warm up is normally the time I spend getting the stereo adjusted. Wish there was some way you could sign a one-time "yeah OK, I've read the disclaimer and I agree with it" thing and have it turned off permanently, although I guess they can't tell who is driving your car at any given time (yet).

Also wish you could tie more preferences to a key fob, for example always enable LKAS and Brake Hold automatically.
I haven't seen a car or garmin type nav that doesn't do the same these days.
Hondas at least goes away if you wait.
Just part of the future.
And really, if that's your biggest issue with the infotainment system, lucky you.

Key fob preferences, like seat position, were announced, even in print, but either didn't make it or were held back to leave something for the accord.
Though my money would be that it just didn't make it.

Negative3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
We can assign preferences to a key fob?! Like what?

Jon Snow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic Blue Metallic
Country flag
We can assign preferences to a key fob?! Like what?
No, not that I'm aware of...but you SHOULD be able to. The key is uniquely identifiable to the car, so it should be possible, kind of a shame they don't utilize that more.

Anyway, I'd like to amend my answer about the warning banner. I called it "very annoying" but that was over the top, it's only slightly annoying. It does go away by itself fairly quickly, and you can manually dismiss it, so it could be worse.

Negative3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Anyway, I'd like to amend my answer about the warning banner. I called it "very annoying" but that was over the top, it's only slightly annoying. It does go away by itself fairly quickly, and you can manually dismiss it, so it could be worse.
Ahh ok.

Worse like the "no device connected" message that doesnt seem to go away on its own if you get going without carplay after using it on your last trip? Or am I doing something wrong?

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does it really bother you guys that much to wait 5-10 seconds, less if you hit "OK"? Takes me 2 seconds to start my car, then another 30 seconds to a minute to get myself situated and to connect my phone and to make sure I have everything I need. By that time, everything is up and running long before I'm ready to take off. I know some people get up and go, but it's just an alert.

Ahh ok.

Worse like the "no device connected" message that doesnt seem to go away on its own if you get going without carplay after using it on your last trip? Or am I doing something wrong?
For CP or AA, if you set the setting to "Always Enable" instead of "Enable Once", it'll do that I think. Could be wrong, but go to the settings and there should be a default option.

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Ahh ok.

It persists if you leave the usb cord connected to the car. It goes away (ie - doesn't come up any more) if you disconnect the usb cord from the car. Kind of a pain, but it works. I guess it's trying to tell you that you have a usb cord plugged in, but you don't have a device connected to the other end of the cord. I agree that after a few seconds, it should go away on its own. Maybe it'll be bundled with a bunch of other patches in some future software update.

Last edited:

deeobrien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 10G (2017 Europe)
Country flag
It persists if you leave the usb cord connected to the car. It goes away (ie - doesn't come up any more) if you disconnect the usb cord from the car. Kind of a pain, but it works. I guess it's trying to tell you that you have a usb cord plugged in, but you don't have a device connected to the other end of the cord. I agree that after a few seconds, it should go away on its own. Maybe it'll be bundled with a bunch of other patches in some future software update.
Wow I never know that it was tied to the USB cable. I have a USB iPhone cable and USB stick permanently connected. The phone is mostly not connected. The warning message never goes away for me. After a few seconds a screen saver kicks in but the warning is still there. I have to press ok to get the the rest of the radio controls. I must try unplugging my usb cables.

I still think its more dangerous having me route for an ok button so I can see my radio screen. (I know - I don't have patience to do it before I start driving).

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
you have to root your display with hondahack and pay 18$ for the pro features.
Sponsored