joecat66

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 si coupe e38 bmw toyota fj60 triumph tr6 and 2 more
Country flag
i have an appointment monday morning to have the AC serviced. I am expecting things to be covered under warranty since all signs point to the notorious condenser. should i go thru the trouble of removing my hondata tune? i own the flashpro outright. same for the honda hack? should it go as well?
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Honda CAN NOT deny warranty repair because you are tuned. The two have no correlation between one another, it’s against the law for them to deny you. If your transmission blew, or you bent a rod, then that’s reason to believe that the tune was the cause of the damage and therefore the warranty would for the broken components not be covered. A tune does not effect the ac system in anyway so the warranty work can not be denied.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
I think part of the AC issue is a reflash to the computer with a newer update. So I would definitely flash back to stock and remove it, it won’t hurt to do it. Honda Hack I wouldn’t worry about, you can hide/remove icons to be safe.

OP
OP
joecat66

joecat66

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
good gravy the dealership i purchased from 2 years ago has the worst ratings possible for the service dept...like mostly all 1/5. maybe i will take it elsewhere

OP
OP
joecat66

joecat66

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
good gravy the dealership i purchased from 2 years ago has the worst ratings possible for the service dept...like mostly all 1/5. maybe i will take it elsewhere
Honda CAN NOT deny warranty repair because you are tuned. The two have no correlation between one another, it’s against the law for them to deny you. If your transmission blew, or you bent a rod, then that’s reason to believe that the tune was the cause of the damage and therefore the warranty would for the broken components not be covered. A tune does not effect the ac system in anyway so the warranty work can not be denied.
i guess i'm being paranoid thinking the compressor runs off the motor and if the motor is making more power than what the a/c "system" was designed for.....etc.....even though it's the condenser...they could cause and effect me..

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Putting all the 'shoulds' and laws aside; I say return to stock as much as you're willing to do. When I went in for a Sensing camera failure; the tech went all nuts 'documenting' my strut bar with photos and stuff. Obviously that had nothing to do with the camera. But it was just nutty the way seemed to have a hard-on about aftermarket stuff. If I had a leaky shock or transmission issue within the warranty; they *might* start arguing about the bar. I'd probably win once it all shook out. But if I can avoid the hassle; I'm highly motivated to do that. Ounce of prevention... etc.

OP
OP
joecat66

joecat66

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i decided to err on the side of caution and i reflashed the ecu to stock and hid the honda hack icons. It only took a few minutes and the good news is i will be reflashing w/an updated version of the hondata software. i will follow up on my other post regarding the a/c and how it all goes at the dealer.
Sponsored