Edd

First Name
Edd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
Has anyone successfully removed and reinstalled the fake front vents on a 2019 sedan? I saw the Fk8 post about removing that style of vent and was wondering if sedan removal is similar.

I want to access the fog light assemblies for Laminx application, LED swap, and swap out the horn.

I really don't want to pop everything off the front end just to do a couple of small mods...
Thanks
Sponsored

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
It is probably not feasible without bumper removal. I say that cause on the SI, there are 1x push pin retainers on each side that are not removable from the front. If Honda followed that design that means the EX trims probably have those push pins too.

It is a lose lose situation because removing the front bumper cover, you are likely to damage the cheap+brittle plastic bumper clips under the headlights, probably 80% likely to break one or more of them.

Reactions: Edd

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It is probably not feasible without bumper removal. I say that cause on the SI, there are 1x push pin retainers on each side that are not removable from the front. If Honda followed that design that means the EX trims probably have those push pins too.

It is a lose lose situation because removing the front bumper cover, you are likely to damage the cheap+brittle plastic bumper clips under the headlights, probably 80% likely to break one or more of them.
You can remove the vent without removing the bumper, which is a better option as you mentioned.

Start from the top with pry tools shown in the amber arrow, these top clips are easily pop off. Then move forward to the side, green circle, which is harder to be popped off. Once you remove these, there is a retainer pin, red circle, that you need to remove before you pull the entire vent off.

Make sure you put lots of masking tapes surrounding the vents.

Honda Civic 10th gen Remove front vent on 2019 EX sedan... 08V31-TGG-2017

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Work your way around the outside prying with 2 small flat blade screw drivers. There's about 10 male tabs on the grille that need to be flexed out of the slots which is kind of a pita. Just be careful you don't mar the soft paint when you pry them out. Once the 10 tabs are out the push pin is at the bottom inside corner. Ive had them out 6 times now. I imagine your ex grille is pretty similar.
Honda Civic 10th gen Remove front vent on 2019 EX sedan... img_20190614_184841(2)

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
There’s 2 ways to do it the manual way, which I think is more difficult of the 2 options, although it’s still easy.

1st way...
is following the manual. It’s easy but I feel like it’s more work this way especially if your cars lowered, which is why I prefer the other way. (First 2 images)

2nd way...
Get a plastic pry too (although a flat head screwdriver works, wrap it with a microfiber towel or something soft). You’ll slip it in in the red circle areas and pop the vent piece towards you. Once you pop them out be careful not to fully pull it out there’s a plastic clip that you need to pop off, blue circle. Careful not to be aggressive with it as they break easily. I typically put a flat head in the groove and twist as that’s more gentle than prying up trying to pop it out. This way I’ve found I’ve been able to salvage clips more often. After the vents fully off, circled in green, just take the screws off of the fog light (there’s only 2). After that just pull the whole fog light assembly out towards you. Disconnect the harness and switch the fog light bulb. Once done Put everything in reverse order.
- Red circles are plastic tabs
- Blue circle is a plastic pop clip
- Green circles are Philip head screws

Honda Civic 10th gen Remove front vent on 2019 EX sedan... A8F16046-275D-463B-916A-C2DE2B8748D5

Honda Civic 10th gen Remove front vent on 2019 EX sedan... A2156E85-A8D7-42A0-BE30-582D3E530297

Honda Civic 10th gen Remove front vent on 2019 EX sedan... 5D1A7007-DF66-4D41-ABDC-5981CB052117

OP
OP

Edd

First Name
Edd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
Got it done. Appreciate the help.
Sorry about and the delayed response...I just returned from a road trip and caught a rock through the driver side fog lamp. This time, I simply popped the upper and outside tabs to access the fog light screws and install a new lamp. Easy Peazy. No need to worry about the pin.
Sponsored