Remove fine scratches from infoteinment screen

calj17

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 1.5
I have a honda civic touring 2018 model and the infotainment screen has a lot of fine scratches that I can olny see when the sun light is strong, I think they were produced when I left the car in the carwash by the towels ou microfibers they used. In my case how can I remove them? If I buy meguiars ScratchX 2.0 and use it with a microfiber will work? Do I need to apply pressure or just light moviments?
Sponsored

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
I have a honda civic touring 2018 model and the infotainment screen has a lot of fine scratches that I can olny see when the sun light is strong, I think they were produced when I left the car in the carwash by the towels ou microfibers they used. In my case how can I remove them? If I buy meguiars ScratchX 2.0 and use it with a microfiber will work? Do I need to apply pressure or just light moviments?
I also had this experience. Lights scratchs you cant see inless the human eye is positioned in the right angle.

I use meguiars scuff removal on the paint. Works like magic. I didnt even think to try it.

However i use Turtle Wax interior Protectant, sprayed some on a microfiber, very lightly did the infotainment. Qnd actually made a big difference and cleaned it up good enough to make me happy. Then i went on amazon and bought a 10$screen protector for the infotainment.

putnam_fc3

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2009 Suzuki Drz400sm
Country flag
I recommend the photodon screen protector through amazon. I had a few small scratches from me using a microfiber on it, now after using the protector you don’t really see them even in direct sunlight. Their is a double edged sword of it being gloss so it does glare a little but looks a lot better with the piano black in my opinion. You have the option of clear or a light tint, and the installation instructions/additional “tools” are really nice.

Amanda0099

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic
Country flag
I also had this experience. Lights scratchs you cant see inless the human eye is positioned in the right angle.

I use meguiars scuff removal on the paint. Works like magic. I didnt even think to try it.

However i use Turtle Wax interior Protectant, sprayed some on a microfiber, very lightly did the infotainment. Qnd actually made a big difference and cleaned it up good enough to make me happy. Then i went on amazon and bought a 10$screen protector for the infotainment.
Hey how did the screen turn out after from using the turtle wax protectant ?

Amanda0099

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic
Country flag
My scratch/scuff mustve not been bad. Cause i cant even see it anymore with a screen protector on.
Mine are fine scratches that I can only see when the sun shines, I wonder will turtle wax protectant work for me too, did you notice if the black plastic on your Civic scratched easy as well , like the part around the gearshift ? I had my car ten days and noticed so many scratches I didn’t wipe or touch it so I’m wondering if it was there when I bought it, but of course they say there was no marks on it when it was sold, but I didnt touch it to scratch it so no idea how else they got there .So pissed about it, and looking for any help at all to get it out . Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited: