Remove Ceramic Coating

markie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2020
Country flag
Hi,

Does anyone know how to strip old/current ceramic coating? I currently added Hydrocharge from Chemical Guys (it is a decent product) and I switched over to CQUARTZ UK 3.0. I wanted to remove my old ceramic coating so I can add my new one. Does anyone have any recommendations for a product to remove the ceramic coating?
Sponsored

GoldClass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Country flag
If you want the best results for the new coating, use DA with finishing (cut) polish. Set the DA to remove swirls speed. This will remove the old coating and at the same time, remove the swirls. With swirls free, you are good for the next coating.

There are a lot of finishing cut polish in the market. Personally, I have used DA + Megurias M205, it produces great results.

Thatguyraw

I don’t own a civic
First Name
Raw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
You could easily strip that coating by using Poorboy’s world strip down wax stipper follow by good panel wipe like Carpro Eraser since hydrocharge is a polymer base coating. I prefer Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light and EXO v4 over Carpro UK 3.0 the wipe off is smooth compared to Carpro UK 3.0 sticky and tacky wipe off. Since your Civic is black you want something that wipe off smoothly. Here a car I did using Gtechniq CSL & Evo v4

Honda Civic 10th gen Remove Ceramic Coating 747DC90C-A021-4002-ADFA-EF3193FE3C5F

Honda Civic 10th gen Remove Ceramic Coating 91EE5499-DF40-41E6-B91E-00355D800F02