Remove airbox on 19 Type R help

NevadaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Looking to drain tranny fluid and add some Amsoil. Looking for a diagram for removal of the airbox. Or any instructions on how to do it. Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP

NevadaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Thanks for the reply, I did see that, I was just looking for a bit more detail. Does anyone know if more detail is provided at the techinfo.honda site?

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag

BlueFalcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last: 19 ABM FK8 - Now: 21 SGP FK8
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Is there anything in particular that you are concerned about, or would like help with? It's possible we could give you some additional information/insight.

OP
OP

NevadaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Not really concerned but honestly not a great DIY guy. I do need a bit hand holding. I do like watching videos and like the honda tech site.

BlueFalcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Not really concerned but honestly not a great DIY guy. I do need a bit hand holding. I do like watching videos and like the honda tech site.
Gotcha, I think you're best bet is to go to Acuity's website, and look up their installation guide for the FK8 shifter cable bushing install. Their installation notes are very good- detailed and easy to follow. They also have a number of well-produced videos. They might have a video on the same install, but can't remember.

CTR_TCB

First Name
Huey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Pilot Touring AWD
Country flag
Go here at pages 9-11:

The video for the airbox removal is here: the video will start at the airbox removal part

I was looking for the same thing :)

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP

NevadaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Great add guys, I appreciate it. Now let's talk about the "middle" bolt that you are to remove and fill it till it starts to leak. Can it removed from the top of the car or do you have to remove the wheel and unclip the "material" around the wheel to get access to it?

CTR_TCB

First Name
Huey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Pilot Touring AWD
Country flag
Great add guys, I appreciate it. Now let's talk about the "middle" bolt that you are to remove and fill it till it starts to leak. Can it removed from the top of the car or do you have to remove the wheel and unclip the "material" around the wheel to get access to it?
@fatherpain has great detail on the access to the overflow bolt location — check his threads as they are very detailed and thorough (thank you @fatherpain). I am not sure if you can get to it w/o jacking the car up and going from the the bottom. I am going to do my trans service in the next week or two so once I get there I can report back but there are many members who have done this already who may know.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you CTR_TCB. Here are the links :)

Transmission fluid change Here

Transmission fluid strainer cleaning here

@fatherpain has great detail on the access to the overflow bolt location — check his threads as they are very detailed and thorough (thank you @fatherpain). I am not sure if you can get to it w/o jacking the car up and going from the the bottom. I am going to do my trans service in the next week or two so once I get there I can report back but there are many members who have done this already who may know.

OP
OP

NevadaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Busting this job out today. Have my dad here to keep an eye on me. Hopefully as straightforward as it seems.

OP
OP

NevadaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
issues with the airbox. The screw that is deep, was able to loosen it but it is hung up and doesn't want to come out. Can I get to it underneath? . Also do the battery terminals need to be removed?

BlueFalcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
issues with the airbox. The screw that is deep, was able to loosen it but it is hung up and doesn't want to come out. Can I get to it underneath? . Also do the battery terminals need to be removed?
You're fine, the deep screw is "fixed" in the airbox housing- it completely unthreads, but it stays in place to assist with removal/installation. Just firmly pull the box up to release from the rubber plug that the airbox seats into underneath.

You don't have to physically remove the positive terminal, but you'll need to unclip it in at least one spot to remove the airbox. If you're asking whether you need to remove the negative from battery, that's always suggested if you mess with any electrical connections, like pulling the MAF sensor plug.
Sponsored