Threads
Reaction score
Website
200sx.kicks-ass.net
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2017, Volvo V70
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was wondering if there is any easy way to remove the 3500 rev limiter while in stand still?
Sponsored

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
If it's easy to do, might try disconnecting the clutch switch sensor wire (after staring the car) and see if that releases the rev limit hold.
If it does then a simple spst inline switch will offer you the option. A fancier switch can be utilized to automatically reset the switch when you turn the car off.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Just think that it is a silly restriction. If I want to rev and hear her roar I should be able to :p
It'll rev right out to 7k if you are slightly rolling, 1-2km/h + it will do it.

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Has anyone tried turning the traction control off? My last car had a 2-step traction control function: 1 press = reduced traction, and 1 long hold = traction completely off and able to free rev @ standstill. I've tried long press on the CTR and it just locks me into traction on (further presses do nothing) so might be different with this car.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
@youCTR +R and hold for 6 seconds, it will say FULLY off, have fun. Be careful of wheel hop in 1-2 gears.

OP
OP
wassen

wassen

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Website
200sx.kicks-ass.net
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2017, Volvo V70
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So what is the difference between holding the +R in 6sec or klickning the traction control button left of the steering wheel?

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mode: +R (It only can be turned off fully in +R)
Hold VSA for 6 seconds until dash states: "VSA fully off"

Just pressing it, it is partially off. Holding for the 6 seconds turns in all the way off.

mmcglasson

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru BRZ
I was wondering if there is any easy way to remove the 3500 rev limiter while in stand still?
I have a question and I'm wondering if this is normal. My car appears to rev limit around 6600 to 6800 even though redline is 7k (mostly in first and second). Is this normal? Not that I'd be trying to hit redline but I usually shift before redline and when this happened it caught me off guard.

Last edited:

Ctrnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai veracruz, 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I have a question and I'm wondering if this is normal. My car appears to rev limit around 6600 to 6800 even though redline is 7k (mostly in first and second). Is this normal? Not that I'd be trying to hit redline but I usually shit before redline and when this happened it caught me off guard.
To me it almost feels like the car revs faster then the digital read out can show you the actual rpm. I am probably wrong but that's what it feels like to me.
Sponsored