Hell167

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
I see online now that people have been able to get remote start working with take over and no errors. Does anyone have any idea what remote start they are using and how it's done? I've googled and the info seems to be kept secret.
Sponsored

Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I remember researching remote starts with take over back in 2019 and the Fortin EVO One, paired with a plug and play T-harness came up a lot.

Since 10th gen Civics have BCMs that control everything, the T-harness would tie the EVO One unit into the specific connectors under the dash and the BCM. You would have to do minor wiring for the clutch bypass, and possibly some other items.

I also came across iDatalink from Compustar/Firstech but that system might be a bit more involved.

I never ended up doing any more research since 2019, so there might be new remote start systems out there today with take over that are compatible with 10th gen Civics.

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
interested in this as well as I am currently in the market

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
I’m using the Fortin Evo One with the HON7 t-harness. I had to tap the clutch safety switch along with wiring up a relay for the clutch stroke position sensor. You do also have to cut and tap into the ignition wire on the steering column as shown in their guide. The CPSS one was super difficult, as I couldn’t reach the plug up in the dash so I had to trace the wire in the wire loom. Took me 5 attempts/wires but I finally found the right one. Note that I do get dash errors upon remote start, but I just turn car off once I’m in and then restart it as normal and all is well.

There’s another member on here I was chatting with and he ended up hopefully finding the connectors to tap into the CPSS so it would make it plug and play for that, still needing the relay obviously. He mentioned he’s going to try to wire it up in a way to hopefully trip no errors on the dash at all.

I also use the CarLink module so I can remote start and track the car right from an app.

Honda Civic 10th gen Remote start with take over 16825E7F-1433-4DC7-A2FE-D570D26BFEB6

Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I’m using the Fortin Evo One with the HON7 t-harness. I had to tap the clutch safety switch along with wiring up a relay for the clutch stroke position sensor. You do also have to cut and tap into the ignition wire on the steering column as shown in their guide. The CPSS one was super difficult, as I couldn’t reach the plug up in the dash so I had to trace the wire in the wire loom. Took me 5 attempts/wires but I finally found the right one. Note that I do get dash errors upon remote start, but I just turn car off once I’m in and then restart it as normal and all is well.

There’s another member on here I was chatting with and he ended up hopefully finding the connectors to tap into the CPSS so it would make it plug and play for that, still needing the relay obviously. He mentioned he’s going to try to wire it up in a way to hopefully trip no errors on the dash at all.

I also use the CarLink module so I can remote start and track the car right from an app.

16825E7F-1433-4DC7-A2FE-D570D26BFEB6.png
Thanks for the specifics on the EVO One! :thumbsup:

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I am having one installed. Going with compustar with drone mobile. Looking forward to a warmer car during winter
Sponsored